Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren putting Dubois in with Hrgovic is stupid.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren putting Dubois in with Hrgovic is stupid.

Dubois is 0-2 against Olympic medalists which is not surprising considering Dubois didn't have much of an amateur career.

Hrgovic is another Olympic medallist who you could describe as what you would get if you mixed Joyce and Usyk together.

Dubois is a good fighter with some good natural talent but he desperately needs experience. The Miller fight was a good start and after that I'd have been looking to put him in with the likes of Pulev or someone like that who's going to give him a winnable challenge and a fight he would learn from.

I'll be amazed if he manages to beat Hrgovic, he will be reliant on a punchers chance and little else.
    pollywog pollywog likes this.

So stupid getting his fighter (possibly) a vacant HW title shot and a massive payday in Saudi.

Dubois must be p*ssed.

Comment

Both these guys suck anyway so DuBois might as well cash them Saudi checks and take his shot at a vacant belt.
      MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

It's an intriguing fight between two top contenders, exactly what we need more of in boxing. Dubois has some high level experience under his belt now what with the Usyk, Joyce and Miller fights. Keep it rolling I say.

When you're facing top competition consistently, losses are more easily forgiven. A loss here wouldn't be career-ending for either man.

Comment

Lmfaoooooo

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
            It's an intriguing fight between two top contenders, exactly what we need more of in boxing. Dubois has some high level experience under his belt now what with the Usyk, Joyce and Miller fights. Keep it rolling I say.

When you're facing top competition consistently, losses are more easily forgiven. A loss here wouldn't be career-ending for either man.
            Dubois is going to have 3 ko losses and he's only 27 years old.

He's taken a lot of punishment in his career already because Warren rushed him to the top end of the division instead of developing him.

Hrgovic has done it the right way, he's 32 and hasn't taken much punishment and now he's in his prime as a heavyweight he's making his run at the right time.

Comment

He barely got by Larena in an odd/suspicious fight. May as well roll the dice on him here, if he wins he gets a huge unification afterwards. Even if he loses, the belts will be vacant again before long and he'll probably get another shot down the line.

Comment

Baby Hughie Fury is more Dubious level of matchup.

Be a good test to see where both stack up.

Neither have passed the eye test.

Comment

I mean you gotta let the bird leave the coop at some point. Hes been in with Usyk whos ranked in the top 2 by everyone. If they'll put him in with Usyk why not Filip?

Comment

I got them both at about the same level. For me at least, that makes this a pretty decent match. If Dubois can avoid getting punched repeatedly in the back of the head, he stops Hrgovic late.

Comment

Working...
                    X