No announcement yet.

ESPN reported Wilder vs Zhang June 1st?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

why Joyce/Parker 2 and not AJ v Parker 2 ?
    Joyce/Parker 2 Aj/Ruiz 3 imo

Comment

Didn't see it mentioned, but Matchroom are signing Wilder apparently.

That's how it fits with the 5v5 undercard.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

pollywog, I was responding to the rumor of Joyce/Parker 2. AJ/Parker 2 is even better imho. I'd prefer Joyce vs. Whyte.

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

But most of those fights are being tied to the June 1 undercard...
        There can only be so many fights on one card. The Saudi cards seem to be getting progressively longer. Whatever the plans are, I hope they stop that trend.

June 1st: Beterbiev/Bivol, Parker/Joyce 2, Wilder/Zhang, Hrgovic/Dubois, plus the 5v5 tourney would be ridiculous. Just have the 5v5 as its own card with Hrgovic/Dubois included....and add 2 more bouts to the Beterbiev/Bivol undercard. Guys like Sanchez and Kabayel need fights too.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
          Didn't see it mentioned, but Matchroom are signing Wilder apparently.

That's how it fits with the 5v5 undercard.
          Source? It would be hilarious if true. Wilder goes from calling Hearn a slave-master iirc to signing a MR contract, how the tables have turned.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            There can only be so many fights on one card. The Saudi cards seem to be getting progressively longer. Whatever the plans are, I hope they stop that trend.

June 1st: Beterbiev/Bivol, Parker/Joyce 2, Wilder/Zhang, Hrgovic/Dubois, plus the 5v5 tourney would be ridiculous. Just have the 5v5 as its own card with Hrgovic/Dubois included....and add 2 more bouts to the Beterbiev/Bivol undercard. Guys like Sanchez and Kabayel need fights too.
            I hope they can at least get the pacing right. Near an hour between fights is obnoxious. That's been the biggest issue so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Source? It would be hilarious if true. Wilder goes from calling Hearn a slave-master iirc to signing a MR contract, how the tables have turned.
              Think it was in an IFl interview. They asked if Matchroom is signing Wilder, Eddie initially denied it, but then admitted there are a lot of conversations and anything can happen, but he has a big mouth so needs to say less.

Comment

Wilder is scared to let his hands go. Dude is washed.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

I hope they can at least get the pacing right. Near an hour between fights is obnoxious. That's been the biggest issue so far.
                  The most recent card had 10 fights and lasted 10 hours. It's a serious issue that needs to be solved. Not everyone will care because most people don't watch the prelim fights. They probably could've done the entire card in 5-6 hours.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 03-22-2024, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Zhang v wilder is a good fight. I'm sure Saudis sick of rematches. Has Parker mentioned who hits harder out of Zhang and wilder?
                    I don't think Wilder hit him.
                    And he'd he better get back to better for for Zhang.

Comment

Of course Zhang hit harder

he actually floored Parker twice with short shots

Parker Didn’t even feel Wilders power. Yes Wilder did land

wilder only fought 1 super heavy his entire career and he’s 0-3 with 0 KOs

Zhang fought an even sturdier super heavy and KOed him both times

Comment

Working...
                      X