• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
    Today I have Zhang by KO.
    Yeah, even tomorrow.
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Wilder is old and sucks, why does it matter that he fights another old guy who sucks and was overhyped like Wilder?
      That's what I was thinking. Isn't Wilder old too?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

he probably believed he saw something sweet in Zhang in Parker fight.

Zhang looked like a killer in Joyce fights, therefor Wilder had no intention in fighting him. But when he saw Zhang losing to the same guy he also lost to, he changed his mind.

Zhang looked very beatable in parker fight. But parker is actually a good boxer. Wilder is not.

I think Zhang retires Wilder.
        Wilder's challenge would be to turn Zhang's weight advantage into a disadvantage. That would require Wilder to showcase a certain level of boxing ability that he hasn't had to show because he's always relied on power to bail him out. When Wilder attempted to use the ring against Parker, he looked clueless and uncoordinated. Part of it was due to inactivity, but the other part is that he simply isn't an out-boxer. Wilder/Zhang is counter-puncher vs. counter-puncher. Wilder didn't look great when he fought Ortiz, another southpaw counter-puncher with a weight advantage. If Wilder is hesitant to let his hands go for fear of getting countered, this is going to be an ugly fight.
        JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
          They're also saying Hrgovic v Dubois, and possibly Parker v Joyce 2, all of these fights June 1 on the Beterbiev v Bivol undercard.
          June 1st is supposed to be Queensberry vs. Matchroom. I thought Beterbiev/Bivol would be the only bout that doesn't fit the theme. Hrgovic/Dubois fits, but Parker/Joyce 2 doesn't........unless Parker has signed something with MR recently. I do remember Hearn saying in an interview that you may see some "ringers" on the card.
          Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

June 1st is supposed to be Queensberry vs. Matchroom. I thought Beterbiev/Bivol would be the only bout that doesn't fit the theme. Hrgovic/Dubois fits, but Parker/Joyce 2 doesn't........unless Parker has signed something with MR recently. I do remember Hearn saying in an interview that you may see some "ringers" on the card.
            https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...1-saudi-arabia

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxi...n1t4097b4pa5dm

https://rtfight.com/news/fighters-an...rry-tournament.

"It is most likely to take place in the undercard of the Bivol-Beterbiev fight."
            kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Zhang v wilder is a good fight. I'm sure Saudis sick of rematches. Has Parker mentioned who hits harder out of Zhang and wilder?

Comment

Wilder's challenge would be to turn Zhang's weight advantage into a disadvantage. That would require Wilder to showcase a certain level of boxing ability that he hasn't had to show because he's always relied on power to bail him out. When Wilder attempted to use the ring against Parker, he looked clueless and uncoordinated. Part of it was due to inactivity, but the other part is that he simply isn't an out-boxer. Wilder/Zhang is counter-puncher vs. counter-puncher. Wilder didn't look great when he fought Ortiz, another southpaw counter-puncher with a weight advantage. If Wilder is hesitant to let his hands go for fear of getting countered, this is going to be an ugly fight.
                I think it will be great. They are both old and coming from terrible performances. The loser is probably done on elite level. the winner will get another big fight.

I always felt like Wilder would fight Miller if he ever came back. But Zhang is a more interesting fight.
                Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Zhang v wilder is a good fight. I'm sure Saudis sick of rematches. Has Parker mentioned who hits harder out of Zhang and wilder?
                  Did Wilder ever actually throw a punch vs Parker? Lol. Compubox has him single digit power punches thrown in most rounds and not even 40 punches landed thru 12.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                    Appreciate the links, and I wasn't doubting your comment...but the links don't appear to clarify or dispute what I said. I'm not doubting that Beterbiev/Bivol is the main event, but I was under the assumption that every other match-up would be related to the QBvsMR tourney....5 QBvMR fights plus the LHW main event. Hopefully the card isn't longer than that, especially with all the breaks between fights. Hrgovic/Dubois fits the theme of the tourney, while match-ups like Joyce/Parker and Wilder/Zhang don't. That doesn't mean Parker/Wilder haven't quietly signed something with MR...and are keeping it secret until the card's reveal.

If the event is more than six fights and Beterbiev/Bivol isn't the only non-tourney fight, then Parker/Wilder wouldn't need to be part of MR to face Joyce/Zhang. Eight match-ups on one card seems excessive.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-22-2024, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the links, and I wasn't doubting your comment...but the links don't appear to clarify or dispute what I said. I'm not doubting that Beterbiev/Bivol is the main event, but I was under the assumption that every other match-up would be related to the QBvsMR tourney....5 QBvMR fights plus the LHW main event. Hopefully the card isn't longer than that, especially with all the breaks between fights. Hrgovic/Dubois fits the theme of the tourney, while match-ups like Joyce/Parker and Wilder/Zhang don't. That doesn't mean Parker/Wilder haven't quietly signed something with MR...and are keeping it secret until the card's reveal.
                      Links show that Beterbiev v Bivol is official for June 1, as I said. There's not been an announcement about a firm date for the MR/QB 5v5, just speculation that it's going to take place on the undercard of Beterbiev v Bivol.

Don't think the Saudis care that much about theme. Turki seems more invested in making interesting fights than catering to promoters.

Comment

Working...
                      X