No announcement yet.

Fury/Usyk winner can't call themselves undisputed unless they face Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I've always been a fan of Parker and said he'll be a champion again.

Someone will have to fight him and give him a chance to show if he is one of the very best in the division.

But I honestly think he will fall short at the very top end of the division (Usyk/Fury/Joshua). He's a very rounded fighter, but just not exceptional enough in any area. But he deserves the chance to prove that view wrong.

And for what it's worth, I posted on here that he was a clear favourite for me against Wilder. Wilder was never on Parker's level.
    AJ owns him a rematch, but I am sure he will not give him one, because he is afraid enough (of any solid top). He barely won their fight, probably thanks to the referee but surely wasn't as dominant as the judges scored it.

Parker will stay one of the very good boxers. If there is any trainer, if not the current one, who can improve him a bit more it will be great. He is 32, so he still has some chances, even to hold a title, which considering their number doesn't mean much.

Parker-Usyk would be interesting but it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

AJ owns him a rematch, but I am sure he will not give him one, because he is afraid enough (of any solid top). He barely won their fight, probably thanks to the referee but surely wasn't as dominant as the judges scored it.

Parker will stay one of the very good boxers. If there is any trainer, if not the current one, who can improve him a bit more it will be great. He is 32, so he still has some chances, even to hold a title, which considering their number doesn't mean much.

Joshua won vs Parker comfortably, it wasn't a complete domination but he won by at least 4 rounds, nobody was seriously calling for a rematch afterwards and a rematch now would be another Joshua win in even more boring fashion as Parker has adapted his style and doesn't use his feet anymore while Joshua uses his feet more than ever so it'll be a Joshua points win boxing from the outside

I suppose Joshua might have seen Parker down against Whyte x2, Chisora, Zhang x2 and down and out vs Joyce and feel more confident to go for a stoppage which might make for a more interesting fight, but I doubt it.

Comment

I don't think he's afraid of Parker. He paid him whatever it took to get him in the ring so he could take his title.

I do think Parker is improved but he couldn't outbox Joshua... and Joshua hits harder if it needs to come to that.

Not sure how you had him barely winning the fight. From my view it was very conclusive.

Comment

Parker has lost 90% of his biggest fights 'He has been competitive in all of his fights, but? He has lost in most of his biggest fights'.

Lost vs Joshua, Lost vs Whyte, Lost vs Joyce 'Anthony Joshua beat Joseph Parker quite easy, won 90% of the rounds like he has achieved numerous times before at top level in his career vs opponents'.

Fighters like Fury, Wilder and Joshua, they have historical significant feats of achievement 'Wins that have had catalytic effects, on the entire Heavyweight division'.

Anthony Joshua has just stepped up and fought off the Francis Ngannou invasion into the sport of boxing 'Such was the extreme of Joshua's win, it has sent shock waves around the entire combat sporting world'.

Francis Ngannou had never been hurt before by a punch, kick, elbow or knee 'But he has just been completely obliterated by Anthony Joshua at his own game'.

Joshua was the Heavyweight fighter who conclusively took the Heavyweight division into a completely new dynasty vs Wladimir Kiltschko 'In the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years'.

It does not really matter, whether Parker has just beaten Wilder over the distance 'Deontay Wilder is a former WBC World Heavyweight Champion with 10 defenses. Wilder is the fighter who pushed Tyson Fury to his limits and beyond'.

The feats of achievement which Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua have all achieved 'Do not just disappear after 1 loss, or a under-par performance here and there'.

This Heavyweight era you are watching 'It is their era, all of these other Heavyweights are just back ground characters and that is no disrespect to their journey. They are not Heavyweight mountains'. All the story lines of this Heavyweight era have originated from Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua.

Stone cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, The Rock 'Understand the comparison, Parker has been solid fighter and his competitiveness, is extremely admirable. But for me he has not been apart of that upper elite group of Heavyweight fighters'.

Note: I have stated this before in other threads, by far too many people are mentioning fighters like Hrgovic, Parker, Zhang, Dubois and whoever else 'And putting them at the same level in terms of historical significance to such fighters like Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua'.

There have been three heavyweight mountains of this era, Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Uysk is a mountain who has move up into the Heavyweight division 'All of the divisons other Heavyweight fighters, are mountaineers aspiring to climb and challenge those mountains'.

The Heavyweight division is circumnavigating around, Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Uysk 'Because they are the fighters, who are in the competition to see who will be the last man standing of this era'.

And when this competition reaches its organic conclusion, then Parker may fight for another world title 'He could potentially win. Which is great'.

So if you have identified that? Then really Parker's hardcore fans should pipe down 'Because if they don't pipe down, you are all going to get him banged out'

Anthony Joshua will obliterate Joseph Parker etc.
          Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-29-2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

More horseshït from PrinceKlown...^^^

Comment

Hrgovic is too dangerous. Top guys will avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                More horseshït from PrinceKlown...^^^
                Does anyone actually read all these essays he writes.

BTW he once wrote a literal thesis on why it was Audley Harrisons destiny to win the world title leading into the David Haye fight.

Comment

Who is this Audley Harrison you speak of ???

Comment

"Undisputed" is very nice, but the sanctioning bodies will MAKE SURE that whoever wins it won't get to enjoy the distinction for more that a couple of months. They make more in sanctioning fees when they each have their own private "Champion".

Linial is far more valuable.​. Can ONLY be stripped in the RING.
                    Last edited by Willow The Wisp; 04-01-2024, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Parker has lost 90% of his biggest fights 'He has been competitive in all of his fights, but? He has lost in most of his biggest fights'.

Lost vs Joshua, Lost vs Whyte, Lost vs Joyce 'Anthony Joshua beat Joseph Parker quite easy, won 90% of the rounds like he has achieved numerous times before at top level in his career vs opponents'.

Fighters like Fury, Wilder and Joshua, they have historical significant feats of achievement 'Wins that have had catalytic effects, on the entire Heavyweight division'.

Anthony Joshua has just stepped up and fought off the Francis Ngannou invasion into the sport of boxing 'Such was the extreme of Joshua's win, it has sent shock waves around the entire combat sporting world'.

Francis Ngannou had never been hurt before by a punch, kick, elbow or knee 'But he has just been completely obliterated by Anthony Joshua at his own game'.

Joshua was the Heavyweight fighter who conclusively took the Heavyweight division into a completely new dynasty vs Wladimir Kiltschko 'In the greatest Heavyweight title fight of the past 25 years'.

It does not really matter, whether Parker has just beaten Wilder over the distance 'Deontay Wilder is a former WBC World Heavyweight Champion with 10 defenses. Wilder is the fighter who pushed Tyson Fury to his limits and beyond'.

The feats of achievement which Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua have all achieved 'Do not just disappear after 1 loss, or a under-par performance here and there'.

This Heavyweight era you are watching 'It is their era, all of these other Heavyweights are just back ground characters and that is no disrespect to their journey. They are not Heavyweight mountains'. All the story lines of this Heavyweight era have originated from Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua.

Stone cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, The Rock 'Understand the comparison, Parker has been solid fighter and his competitiveness, is extremely admirable. But for me he has not been apart of that upper elite group of Heavyweight fighters'.

Note: I have stated this before in other threads, by far too many people are mentioning fighters like Hrgovic, Parker, Zhang, Dubois and whoever else 'And putting them at the same level in terms of historical significance to such fighters like Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua'.

There have been three heavyweight mountains of this era, Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Uysk is a mountain who has move up into the Heavyweight division 'All of the divisons other Heavyweight fighters, are mountaineers aspiring to climb and challenge those mountains'.

The Heavyweight division is circumnavigating around, Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Uysk 'Because they are the fighters, who are in the competition to see who will be the last man standing of this era'.

And when this competition reaches its organic conclusion, then Parker may fight for another world title 'He could potentially win. Which is great'.

So if you have identified that? Then really Parker's hardcore fans should pipe down 'Because if they don't pipe down, you are all going to get him banged out'

Anthony Joshua will obliterate Joseph Parker etc.
                      Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X