No announcement yet.

Fury/Usyk winner can't call themselves undisputed unless they face Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Never said otherwise. Just keeping a little bit of perspective. He lost to the upper echelon and what he accomplished since then does not change that fact. If hecan get the gypsy in the ring in half decent shape and win, we can talk again.
    Don't worry about the 'half decent shape' bit. Fury's got the world convinced that if he doesn't perform then it doesn't count.

If he enters the ring, then that's a Tyson Fury with every opportunity to prepare.

The Tyson Fury who looked schyte against Ngannou was the real Tyson Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Don't worry about the 'half decent shape' bit. Fury's got the world convinced that if he doesn't perform then it doesn't count.

If he enters the ring, then that's a Tyson Fury with every opportunity to prepare.

I agree just like Mike Tyson was in his absoloute prime vs Buster Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Okkay..... Tyson never really needed an excuse considering he's undefeated. I don't know how you equate any need for an excuse. You're basically assuming that if Tyson loses and he makes an excuse people will buy it. Meanwhile many of us who recognize his talent already are fed up with him because of his decisions no need to make excuse needed. These are not Joshua fans who have to explain away losses. I for one would never make an excuse and think he lost the fight to the cameroonian.

Comment

1st reply in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Joshua and his obsessed window licking haters are crying about him.

As boring as it is predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

I still reckon the only way there'll be a Fury/Usyk rematch is if the first one is a 'draw'.

Cos if there's a clear winner that person retires undefeated, undisputed, grand unified with their 0 intact, their legacy complete.

I reckon the loser would retire too as there's nothing more to prove in fighting A-Side Joshy or anyone.
            No way, too much money for the winner with the Saudi money. Fury vs AJ money would be too tempting for Fury. Even for Usyk, they might offer him even more money to fight AJ than he got the first two times. Why wouldn't he take it? Getting massively paid again to beat a guy that failed twice against you already.

I could see Usyk retiring if he loses though. He's already said he's not interested in fighting anymore except for undisputed. He's coming up 38 and he doesn't seem the kind of guy that would keep fighting too long and start losing to guys he shouldn't. I think he would still take the Fury rematch if he lost though, again, why not? You've lost once, might as well roll the dice again for a lot of money and if you lose again it doesn't change much.

hard to say though with these Saudi purses. I personally believe Wilder would be retired now if not for these Saudi cards. I think this is going to be a common theme. Such big names being used as stepping stones instead of retiring because of the money available there.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-23-2024, 04:43 AM.

Comment

What do people see in this slow laggard croat? He may be a little better than the middle of the pack of these slow amateur trained plodding excuses for the heavyweight division these days. Even Joshua with his confidence puts the quote in a dream state. I'll have to ask my friend Z a big champion of the croat what makes him so special as I keep forgetting..
              What do I see? He has the #1 amateur world super heavyweight going into the 2016 Olympics and was robbed! As a pro he has taken 5 undefeated fighters 0's , looks good in the gym and many top fighter have passed on him.

He is not slow. That position is false.

He has show me he 1 ) Can punch. 2 ) can move his feet rather quickly, 3 ) Skills as in his jab, right hand , body attack, and hook. 3 ) Great #'s in terms height and reach. 4 ) A very good chin . 5 ) Good hand speed. 6) The willingness to fight anyone.

NOW he had not proved this vs. the top three fighters in the division yet .... But has had only has had 17 fights.

I can educate you on him, but making you listen to what I am saying is up to you.
              Last edited by Dr. Z; 03-23-2024, 08:10 AM.
              BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

That's nonsense....

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

What do I see? He has the #1 amateur world super heavyweight going into the 2016 Olympics and was robbed! As a pro he has taken 5 undefeated fighters 0's , looks good in the gym and many top fighter have passed on him.

He is not slow. That position is false.

He has show me he 1 ) Can punch. 2 ) can move his feet rather quickly, 3 ) Skills as in his jab, right hand , body attack, and hook. 3 ) Great #'s in terms height and reach. 4 ) A very good chin . 5 ) Good hand speed. 6) The willingness to fight anyone.

NOW he had not proved this vs. the top three fighters in the division yet .... But has had only has had 17 fights.

I can educate you on him, but making you listen to what I am saying is up to you.
                  Amateur rankings are an interesting thing. They certainly count for something, considering that's the style most fight with these days but they don't really guarantee a top Echelon spot because the best fighters only occasionally fight in that style. Fighters that do fight in this style, like Loma and usyk are kind of exceptions to the rule.

he just has not looked spectacular. He will probably get sucked down by the new pack of Talent coming up but maybe I'm just not seeing it

Comment

Amateur rankings are an interesting thing. They certainly count for something, considering that's the style most fight with these days but they don't really guarantee a top Echelon spot because the best fighters only occasionally fight in that style. Fighters that do fight in this style, like Loma and usyk are kind of exceptions to the rule.

he just has not looked spectacular. He will probably get sucked down by the new pack of Talent coming up but maybe I'm just not seeing it
                    He has won all fights by a big margin except for one. He is the best young top ten fighter in the division!

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

I still reckon the only way there'll be a Fury/Usyk rematch is if the first one is a 'draw'.

Cos if there's a clear winner that person retires undefeated, undisputed, grand unified with their 0 intact, their legacy complete.

I reckon the loser would retire too as there's nothing more to prove in fighting A-Side Joshy or anyone.
                      I think there is too much money in play for a rematch for either to walk. I do suspect Usyk is closer to retirement than Fury & I also think hes less money oriented so if he wins I could see him just retire feeling hes done everything he wanted to do. So if Usyk retired cuz he dgaf about money as much I could see that, but I think even that is unlikely.

I for sure think the loser is gonna wanna avenge his L. These two are far too competitive to retire on an L when a rematch is already booked imo.

I think AJ makes sense for Fury, but idk there is any reason to expect Usyk to fight AJ a third time unless there is just ridiculous money in play.
                      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-23-2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X