Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Tells Canelo Alvarez It's Time To Invest In Some 'Nuts'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i had kovalev, pac, and ggg winning all those fights so thats a strange argument. i think that shows just how powerful a-side power can be in boxing more than anything. canelo, floyd, and ward all fought not to get knocked out basically. when you know you are going to get the decision you can do very little and if you stay upright the fight is yours. its a huge advantage to know that. you dont have to take as many risks and they clearly didnt. its a run out the clock type of strategy. all the onus is on the opponent to like you said kill, overwhelm, run through, and when they dont...i guess the "boxer" won. its pretty hard to dominate top tier talent and anyone who thinks that would happen doesnt seem to follow boxing? ward, floyd, and canelo were all proven guys. i could see a guy like tank being dominated since hes largely unproven but not these guys. also ggg and pac were pretty old so they definitely werent at their best which is the whole point of ducking. then when they do finally fight "oh de didnt kill him" yeah cause they werent prime anymore. im not sure canelo can wait out benavidez though.
    To be clear, you had Pacquiao beating Floyd……….
    icee icee Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i had kovalev, pac, and ggg winning all those fights so thats a strange argument. i think that shows just how powerful a-side power can be in boxing more than anything. canelo, floyd, and ward all fought not to get knocked out basically. when you know you are going to get the decision you can do very little and if you stay upright the fight is yours. its a huge advantage to know that. you dont have to take as many risks and they clearly didnt. its a run out the clock type of strategy. all the onus is on the opponent to like you said kill, overwhelm, run through, and when they dont...i guess the "boxer" won. its pretty hard to dominate top tier talent and anyone who thinks that would happen doesnt seem to follow boxing? ward, floyd, and canelo were all proven guys. i could see a guy like tank being dominated since hes largely unproven but not these guys. also ggg and pac were pretty old so they definitely werent at their best which is the whole point of ducking. then when they do finally fight "oh de didnt kill him" yeah cause they werent prime anymore. im not sure canelo can wait out benavidez though.
      Lost all credibility when you had Pac beating Floyd

Comment

Canelo is simply making a play for some of that Saudi money for his cash out exit. It’s so damned obvious. Yes Benevidez is a risky opponent, especially at this stage in both of their careers, so the a-side is looking for a bag.
        TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post
          Canelo is simply making a play for some of that Saudi money for his cash out exit. It’s so damned obvious. Yes Benevidez is a risky opponent, especially at this stage in both of their careers, so the a-side is looking for a bag.
          why didnt he just ask the saudis?

Comment

IMHO this fight will happen , it will be Canelo's retirement fight and his biggest payday .......
            HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

DB is too big and all wrong for canelo. Weight bullies suck and I agree with canelo on that, and david is a big one. If the money was still at welter he would have moved up long ago.

That being said, canelo is full of it. He had no issues being a weight bully at 154 did he. Jfc he won the wbc fighting mathew Hatton if I remember correctly lmao. He had no problem stars that were both old and smaller with the exception of floyd. Aging guys out, catch weights it goes on and on. He is a blight on boxing and ruins all the divisions around him and I cant wait for him to be gone.

That being said, it will just be the next star that does the same thing ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                How many of these killers ever lived up to it in recent times? Kovalev was meant to kill the light punching Ward, Pac was meant to overwhelm Floyd, GGG was gonna run through Canelo etc and yet they all lost

people will claim they won but even if they did it was still close and nothing like all the hype claimed it would be

I wouldn't be surpised if Benavidez steps in with Canelo and gets his ass handed to him
                Then Canelo needs to stop being a coward and spank the upstart
                cruz1383 cruz1383 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
                  Nobody overseas recognises Canelo let alone any value.. you saw how they responded to Tanks demands..

They don't like duckers and fraudsters.. only fighters who will fight the best.
                  Reynoso confirmed he’s already talking with the Saudis

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

To be clear, you had Pacquiao beating Floyd……….
                    Make it make sense…

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
                      DB is too big and all wrong for canelo. Weight bullies suck and I agree with canelo on that, and david is a big one. If the money was still at welter he would have moved up long ago.

That being said, canelo is full of it. He had no issues being a weight bully at 154 did he. Jfc he won the wbc fighting mathew Hatton if I remember correctly lmao. He had no problem stars that were both old and smaller with the exception of floyd. Aging guys out, catch weights it goes on and on. He is a blight on boxing and ruins all the divisions around him and I cant wait for him to be gone.

That being said, it will just be the next star that does the same thing ffs.
                      You need to stop with the weight bully nonsense in defense of the modern day king of weight bullies. Yall must’ve forgot what Canelo was like before he moved up to 168. Also, kovalev, bivol, and countless others walk around wayyyy heavier than benavidez does. Benavidez hasn’t ballooned between fights since failing to make weight. Matter of fact tell Canelo to get on the scale on fight day too like he used to, let’s pretend he wasn’t putting on twenty pounds overnight too and stopped doing so once he realized he we could clearly see how much heavier he was on fight day. Yall will defend this dude at the cost of your own dignity sometimes. It’s ok to call a duck a duck.
                      Elastic Recoilz Elastic Recoilz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X