Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Tells Canelo Alvarez It's Time To Invest In Some 'Nuts'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo will surely need to have a beef with Benavidez.

Comment

It's curious that De La Hoya is commenting on Benavidez and Canelo and not hyping up Munguia that much.
      TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Nelo might be making people think Benny is so dangerous, that he is only willing to step in ring for 150 million? But more likely that people demanding it so much, he will milk it. Supply and demand I guess
        Last edited by hugh grant; 03-21-2024, 05:03 PM.

Comment

"Clen-stachios", for that all day performance. By Alvarez Promotions. Get the good stuff for those championship performances.

NGL, it's pretty much impossible to defend Canelo these days. Was willing to give him a pass before and see what he did but...

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
            How many of these killers ever lived up to it in recent times? Kovalev was meant to kill the light punching Ward, Pac was meant to overwhelm Floyd, GGG was gonna run through Canelo etc and yet they all lost

people will claim they won but even if they did it was still close and nothing like all the hype claimed it would be

I wouldn't be surpised if Benavidez steps in with Canelo and gets his ass handed to him
            Ward and Floyd were the betting favorites in those fights and GGG was a slight favorite.
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
              Nobody overseas recognises Canelo let alone any value.. you saw how they responded to Tanks demands..

They don't like duckers and fraudsters.. only fighters who will fight the best.
              Canelo is being a ***** about this but comparing him to Tank is crazy, Canelo is much more popular/recognised and actually fought good competition Tank is just a fruad.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                How many of these killers ever lived up to it in recent times? Kovalev was meant to kill the light punching Ward, Pac was meant to overwhelm Floyd, GGG was gonna run through Canelo etc and yet they all lost

people will claim they won but even if they did it was still close and nothing like all the hype claimed it would be

I wouldn't be surpised if Benavidez steps in with Canelo and gets his ass handed to him
                i had kovalev, pac, and ggg winning all those fights so thats a strange argument. i think that shows just how powerful a-side power can be in boxing more than anything. canelo, floyd, and ward all fought not to get knocked out basically. when you know you are going to get the decision you can do very little and if you stay upright the fight is yours. its a huge advantage to know that. you dont have to take as many risks and they clearly didnt. its a run out the clock type of strategy. all the onus is on the opponent to like you said kill, overwhelm, run through, and when they dont...i guess the "boxer" won. its pretty hard to dominate top tier talent and anyone who thinks that would happen doesnt seem to follow boxing? ward, floyd, and canelo were all proven guys. i could see a guy like tank being dominated since hes largely unproven but not these guys. also ggg and pac were pretty old so they definitely werent at their best which is the whole point of ducking. then when they do finally fight "oh de didnt kill him" yeah cause they werent prime anymore. im not sure canelo can wait out benavidez though.
                Last edited by daggum; 03-21-2024, 05:23 PM.
                fistic flow fistic flow likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Nelo might be making people think Benny is so dangerous, that he is only willing to step in ring for 150 million? But more likely that people demanding it so much, he will milk it. Supply and demand I guess
                  No he is pricing himself out just like he did before with Bivol when he offered him the same terms for the rematch because he knew he'd get his ass kicked again. A leopard never changes its spots
                  Last edited by Elastic Recoilz; 03-21-2024, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Time to reclaim your dignity canelo fans. He’s left you ballless with no way to defend him.

Comment

too late benny, its been marinated or else kicked down the path forever, a-siders often duck the perceived hardest fights because they can & the other option for them is much easier on paper
                      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X