Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amazon Prime Steps Into the Ring to Take Boxing's Best Swing at Success in Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to be really interesting to see how this works out. In house PBC fights won't be enough to fully exploit the huge reach of Amazon Prime, imo.

Comment

If it gets PBC fighters to fight more than once a year, that's great. If they hope to charge PPV for every halfway decent fight, it's going to fail. Boxing has made itself a niche sport through greed. We're not even getting the fights we want.
      SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Amazon is like an oxygen tank to PBC survivability lets be real, they even had to put Benavidez as a co main event to Gervonta ppv card cause he just doesn't have that star power yet reason why the ginger said he doesn't bring much to the table, no belts, his 'fan base' are basically Canelo haters ffs lol

I'll be surprised if they even reach 200k ppv benchmark and thats mainly due to tank wahid. Facts

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

Dude. You weren't pointing out racism. No body said anything racist but you, chum.
          He's calling out systemic racism which is everywhere in white majority countries. We know systemic racism is real because highly qualified, highly paid people tell us so. But you can't see it in action so you can't point it out like you could with plain old fashioned racist racism.
          The only way to call out systemic racism is by constantly crying, bleating and complaining about racism, whether you can see it or not.
          Last edited by kafkod; 03-21-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

For Boxing!I hope pbc on Amazon succeds.Hopefully pbc has seen that working with the other side of the street can be a win win.And I just got an email promoting the pbc fights . I’m going to be positive!

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Hahahahhahahahahaha I am getting just a hoot at all these Lil boys mad that PBC is winning the boxing 'arms race'. All you fuqtards that thought Eddie Hearn was going to takeover American boxing are now coming to grip with the fact that he has failed and Al Haymon reigns Supreme. Hahahaahhaha
              Why does it have to be one or the other?Can’t Matchroom,Pbc,Top Rank ,GBP all succeed ? Does everything have to be racial for you? Isn’t that exhausting?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

The Saudi investment isn't infinite, and I don't think they're throwing cards all year. For the sake of their stable, PBC needs to find someone who will supply them with a decent budget. This monthly $80 PPV formula is getting really tiring.
                Absolutely agree. Pretty sure the Saudis will get bored and the funds will dry up once they’ve got bored with their new toy and sports washed their image sufficiently. It’s not like they’ve ever been a boxing nation. I hope the PBC venture with Amazon succeeds even if I’d like to see the Canelo card tank. Just not convinced the bigger network will necessarily result in more PPV buys as I suspect cost not availability is the limiting factor there. We’ll see I guess. Don’t particularly like PBC and view them as racist and protectionist as far as making fights goes, but the more promoters and competition the better. I’d rather see the alphabet organisations like the wbc, wba disappear first as they’re a bigger problem in boxing.
                SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

We have seen some terrible cards in recent years, this card is not bad. But it's not great either. Tszyu is facing a guy who got brutally KTFO in his last fight by a guy Tszyu just beat. Rolly shouldn't have got a title shot, shouldn't have won the fight, shouldn't have been able to fake injury to hold onto the title. He would be destroyed by any top LWW and is facing a guy who is moving up from LW, where he isn't one of the top guys.

I don't know if the new owners read the comments or care, but a lot of recent articles read like puff pieces, journalists shilling without restraint. The Saudi cards have been stronger than this and have genuinely changed the sport. Hard to take people seriously when they pretend that instead the real game changer is a bunch of fights nobody asked for cobbled together on a PPV that won't sell.
                  TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    We have seen some terrible cards in recent years, this card is not bad. But it's not great either. Tszyu is facing a guy who got brutally KTFO in his last fight by a guy Tszyu just beat. Rolly shouldn't have got a title shot, shouldn't have won the fight, shouldn't have been able to fake injury to hold onto the title. He would be destroyed by any top LWW and is facing a guy who is moving up from LW, where he isn't one of the top guys.

I don't know if the new owners read the comments or care, but a lot of recent articles read like puff pieces, journalists shilling without restraint. The Saudi cards have been stronger than this and have genuinely changed the sport. Hard to take people seriously when they pretend that instead the real game changer is a bunch of fights nobody asked for cobbled together on a PPV that won't sell.
                    How many PPVs did the Suadi fights sell since they are so superior?

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

Absolutely agree. Pretty sure the Saudis will get bored and the funds will dry up once they’ve got bored with their new toy and sports washed their image sufficiently. It’s not like they’ve ever been a boxing nation. I hope the PBC venture with Amazon succeeds even if I’d like to see the Canelo card tank. Just not convinced the bigger network will necessarily result in more PPV buys as I suspect cost not availability is the limiting factor there. We’ll see I guess. Don’t particularly like PBC and view them as racist and protectionist as far as making fights goes, but the more promoters and competition the better. I’d rather see the alphabet organisations like the wbc, wba disappear first as they’re a bigger problem in boxing.
                      Now this guy says PBC is racist. Is anyone gonna call him out for pulling the race card? I'll wait!

Comment

Working...
                      X