Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amazon Prime Steps Into the Ring to Take Boxing's Best Swing at Success in Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amazon Prime Steps Into the Ring to Take Boxing's Best Swing at Success in Years

As boxing prepares for its latest reinvention via Premier Boxing Champions' distribution deal with Amazon Prime Video, the reach available to grow the sport seems infinite
    [Click Here To Read More]

Honestly It’s better for the boxing if pbc goes under , their business model is horrible for the sport and with them as a major player the sport will suffer

Comment

By putting Tszyu vs Fundora on PPV?

Comment

1. I have plenty of money, I love boxing, and I want to see this fight. That said, friggin $75 for this fight (unless the web is wrong)? That is a pathetic setup for a debut.
        2. The key for many on eastern and central time will be to allow for it to be watched the next day. DAZN and ESPN+ allow it and HBO at least aired them the next week. Showtime was the worst for this. For early risers, either your Sunday is ruined or you simply didn't watch the fight.

PBC should go away

Comment

The best boxing events are made by Hearn and Turki in Saudi Arabia, period .. but Al is a business genius who found a big backer in Amazon Prime.

Comment

But Canelo will fight Charlo a 154 pounder. He's scared of Benavidez
            SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Prepare for the klan rally to commence….
              DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

The price of ppv is just whack, I dont care which company it is. I'm just not paying close to 100 for anything that isn't on the level of the saudi Aj vs Wallin card. 5 or so fights that all mean something and are reasonably competitive is fine for my hundy.

This is an ok little card and I'd pay 25 for it no issues. This will be a fire stick mission for me lol

Comment

This is gonna do like 50k buys.
                  Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

PBC can’t compete with Saudi money regardless of whether they have Prime or not. Fighters will still leave them if the Saudis pay enough.

Also, Prime customers are used to paying $10 for a movie. Not sure they’ll fork out PBC prices en mass to cover the purses. We’ll see after these first events I guess. Personally I hope it backfires on them and Canelo’s refusal to fight Benavidez results in pathetic PPV numbers. Fighters like him need to be brought back down to earth in terms of their real worth.

Comment

Working...
                    X