Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Ngannou FITS RIGHT IN, Makes Excuse For KO Loss To Joshua: They Told Me To Show Up Way Early, I Didn't Know It Mattered, I Was Tired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Any of those guys would beat Ngannou in boxing. A number of them in MMA as well, with a little coaching. Ask Jeremy Williams his thoughts. After his license to box was suspended and he was through, he dove into MMA and laid out a string of experienced pros there. But the pay wasn't enough to keep him.
    I could absolutely see Whyte losing to Ngannou at this point. Not saying its a given, but its a risky fight. Whyte doesnt crack like AJ, isnt as athletic as AJ, his chin seems to be compromised and he is honestly bordering on bum status these days.

As for Jeremy Williams, comments like this always let me know you're having fun with this ****, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

I could absolutely see Whyte losing to Ngannou at this point. Not saying its a given, but its a risky fight. Whyte doesnt crack like AJ, isnt as athletic as AJ, his chin seems to be compromised and he is honestly bordering on bum status these days.

As for Jeremy Williams, comments like this always let me know you're having fun with this ****, lol.
      I am. It's true though.

Anyway, I'd rather see Whyte take on Ngannou under MOQ than watch Ngannou blast out Renan Ferreira, who's there to be nailed. If it were possible to arrange (and It's not), I'd pay to see Ngannou go against Jon Jones.
      I believe that Joshua's spit out would beat up Jones better than the cops do.

Comment

What do you guys feel about Paulie's take that they'll never have an MMA fighter become a champion in boxing? That the degree of difficulty is harder to pick up at the elite level than MMA is? He referenced Holy Holm KO of Ronda Rousey where a former boxer became an MMA champion.

Comment

One thing anyone should know about fighters by now, they’re delusional.

They will come up with any reason as to why they lost, and they’ll whole heartedly believe it too.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            What do you guys feel about Paulie's take that they'll never have an MMA fighter become a champion in boxing? That the degree of difficulty is harder to pick up at the elite level than MMA is? He referenced Holy Holm KO of Ronda Rousey where a former boxer became an MMA champion.
            Depends on the champion. If it were to happen it would be at a lower weight class, welter to middle somewhere, likely. That's where you'd get untested guys who might have been emailed a title, thrived on social media to gain a following, then get called out by some social media darling in MMA for a circus crossover and get beat unexpectedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

Depends on the champion. If it were to happen it would be at a lower weight class, welter to middle somewhere, likely. That's where you'd get untested guys who might have been emailed a title, thrived on social media to gain a following, then get called out by some social media darling in MMA for a circus crossover and get beat unexpectedly.
              Haha, I see where you're going with that, though I also believe, even one of those social media guys would give a good fight to an MMA dude since boxing is really a world of its own. Taking nothing away from MMA, but striking is not exactly the same. The way punches are turned over or thrown are not the same. I know an MMA guy can easily train to change the way the punches are delivered, but that's just 1 aspect. The rest of the package is something you can't learn quickly and develops over years of repetition. At least to get GOOD. Though I'm not sure we'll see a social media fighter ever become champion either, lol.

Comment

Haha, I see where you're going with that, though I also believe, even one of those social media guys would give a good fight to an MMA dude since boxing is really a world of its own. Taking nothing away from MMA, but striking is not exactly the same. The way punches are turned over or thrown are not the same. I know an MMA guy can easily train to change the way the punches are delivered, but that's just 1 aspect. The rest of the package is something you can't learn quickly and develops over years of repetition. At least to get GOOD. Though I'm not sure we'll see a social media fighter ever become champion either, lol.
                Clay 'Da Eye Test Killa' Collard, former UFC fighter, went on a five-fight upset streak against C-levels. So yes, if you get protected guys, an MMA guy could very well upset the apple cart.

Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-26-2024, 06:08 PM.
                ELPacman ELPacman likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

Clay 'Da Eye Test Killa' Collard, former UFC fighter, went on a five-fight upset streak against C-levels. So yes, if you get protected guys, an MMA guy could very well upset the apple cart.

I always thought of Clay Collard whenever we talk MMA and boxing. The dude was super fun to watch while he lasted on his hot streak. He was knocking off undefeated fighters. Granted, the fighters he beat and himself were mostly sluggers. Lots of fun though. No way he would make it to the championship level though, lol.

Comment

I always thought of Clay Collard whenever we talk MMA and boxing. The dude was super fun to watch while he lasted on his hot streak. He was knocking off undefeated fighters. Granted, the fighters he beat and himself were mostly sluggers. Lots of fun though. No way he would make it to the championship level though, lol.
                    Point is, some guy could get emailed a belt and then get knocked off by a hungry fighter like Collard.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jeremy-Williams-20334

Comment

Working...
                      X