Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Thinks Sebastian Fundora Could Be A "Bigger Threat" Than Thurman For Tszyu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Thinks Sebastian Fundora Could Be A "Bigger Threat" Than Thurman For Tszyu

Timothy Bradley is one of many who feels like the new March 30 main event in Las Vegas is a short-notice upgrade. This week, Keith Thurman withdrew from his scheduled headliner against Tim Tszyu and Sebastian Fundora stepped up from his slot on the undercard to deputise.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Almost anybody is.

Thurman isn’t even a JR MW and he’s done nothing of real note at WW since when? Over a half a decade?
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Well, he's big as **** so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Well, he's big as **** so there's that.
        Yeah, he also looks big as f**k as he crumbles down when he's KO'd. If anything, his KO loss proves his height advantage is not an invincible power that I honestly thought it was for awhile. Brian Mendoza looked strong in there and looked boss when he flattened Fundora and you realized, Okay, height isn't everything after all.

Fundora going straight from that brutal KO loss to another big puncher is not a good idea if you ask me, but he could seize the moment, who knows. I just think Tim is better than Mendoza and hits harder.

It's a good replacement fight to make and should be a nice paycheck for Fundora, I'm just not sure that he can pull this off.
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

I'm still picking Tszyu, Fundora has height/reach but his style is to get close/mid range and it will play into Tszyu's hands. Tszyu by stoppage, rounds 7 to 9.

Comment

Sell the fight, Tim. Sell the fight.

Just don't go quiet when this kid gets seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

Yeah, he also looks big as f**k as he crumbles down when he's KO'd. If anything, his KO loss proves his height advantage is not an invincible power that I honestly thought it was for awhile. Brian Mendoza looked strong in there and looked boss when he flattened Fundora and you realized, Okay, height isn't everything after all.
              The weird thing about Fundora is that he doesn't like to use his height and reach. He fights really small for a long guy, and hasn't seemed to put the time into fighting from the outside. Has the wrong combination of frame and style, IMO. Junto Nakatani is more what I expect from someone so tall and long for a weight class.

Comment

“I am now buying this pay-per-view,” Bradley told ProBox TV. Get the hell outta here, you have a burned out Fire Stick like the rest.

Comment

Tszyu is going to chop this tree down.

Comment

“I think the layoff did Fundora some good,” said the Hall of Famer. “When you get knocked out like that, think about it, that brain, sometimes fighters go back into a fight and get activity and go back into training and sparring and so on that they keep reinjuring themselves. They don’t let their brain heal up, so it’s almost a year now, letting his brain heal up and come back and taking the challenge.

If anything history suggests the opposite is true. Breadman detailed this recently with some examples. Terry Norris got knocked out by huge puncher Julian Jackson. Fought again 2 months later, and won a world title vs power puncher Mugabi 6 months after that. Hearns had the bad stoppage vs Barkley, came back 5 months later.

If you back into the 30s and 40s a lot of KO victims came back quick and won big fights. More recently Amir Khan lost to Prescott and was a laughing stock but got back in the ring 3 months later, 7 months after that he won a world title, because they got him back out again quickly and moved on rather than sitting there thinking about it for a year and having fans define you by it long-term. Vic Darchinyan had that savage KO loss to Donaire but came back 3 months later, then 6 months on won a world title, then unified 3 belts in his next fight after that. Much better approach than sitting out for a year.
                    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X