Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhang Has Only Parker On His Mind As Heavyweight Clash Nears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post

So just because Joyce did it makes it right?

All modern day fighters are doing this, the IBF are the only organisation seeming to try and stop this by taking belts if you have your rematch and no defend against your mandatory. All true boxing fans shod applaud this.
    Yes, the fans should applaud this, but it doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do. Joyce should have backed out of the rematch. Take a few easy fights and try again later. Maybe Zhang would lose then Zhang is no longer a problem.

Comment

Zhang has this for the sheer fact alone that he is not Wilder. Parker will need to be on the move to win this, but my gut tells me Zhang is going to land that left when it matters. People applaud those hammers but forget that he is accurate and sneaky; the Chinese have great genetics.
      Last edited by Joseph; 02-24-2024, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I don't think Parker has much chance. His problem with Joyce was that Parker can't hit hard enough to put a big fighter like Joyce back on his heels. Wilder weighed 213 pounds, many cruiser weights weigh more than that in the ring. I think Zhang walks right through Parker's best.

Comment

So just because Joyce did it makes it right?

All modern day fighters are doing this, the IBF are the only organisation seeming to try and stop this by taking belts if you have your rematch and no defend against your mandatory. All true boxing fans shod applaud this.
          You are right that all moden day fighters are doing this. Strange to single Zhang out for a behaviour that everyone is doing then. I agree we need orgs to clamp down on the the behaviour as whole though, as it clogs up divisions for great stretches of time.

Comment

Everybody automatically thinks Zhang wins because of the Joyce fight, but Parker is no Joyce he has movement and Zhang will lose either by late stoppage or points. Anyway I've lost respect for Zhang as himself and his team have insisted on a rematch clause that tells me his not really that confident in his ability.
            Lmao
            Parker to knock him out
            That is a long shot to say the least
            He ain’t knocking chit out
            He’ll always be wary of that big left coming straight down the pipe

Comment

Parker is a tough stylistic fight for Zhang as he was for Wilder. He has a bit of boxing ability, a good chin and is fairly fast. Zhang cant put on the kind of sustained pressure to stop Parker that Joyce could. Parker via UD is the most likely outcome imo.
              mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X