Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhang Has Only Parker On His Mind As Heavyweight Clash Nears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zhang Has Only Parker On His Mind As Heavyweight Clash Nears

Heavyweight contender Zhilei Zhang has said he is focused on just one man ahead of his return to the ring. Zhang meets experienced New Zealander Joseph Parker in Saudi Arabia on March 8, and he is not looking beyond the former WBO champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe him. A month ago, I would tell you bums that Parker doesn't have a chance. After watching more video of both fighters. Parker has a real shot at winning this fight. Parker is a busy fighter with some movement. I can see Parker out working Zhang. I'm questing Zhang stamina. If Zhang finds a home for that Stright left, then all bets are off. Should be a great fight.
    HugeEuge HugeEuge likes this.

Comment

Everybody automatically thinks Zhang wins because of the Joyce fight, but Parker is no Joyce he has movement and Zhang will lose either by late stoppage or points. Anyway I've lost respect for Zhang as himself and his team have insisted on a rematch clause that tells me his not really that confident in his ability.
      HugeEuge HugeEuge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
        I believe him. A month ago, I would tell you bums that Parker doesn't have a chance. After watching more video of both fighters. Parker has a real shot at winning this fight. Parker is a busy fighter with some movement. I can see Parker out working Zhang. I'm questing Zhang stamina. If Zhang finds a home for that Stright left, then all bets are off. Should be a great fight.
        I feel the same but Parker couldn't stay out of the way of Joyce & Zhang is lightning compared to Joyce.
        If Parker makes it to 8 i think he can win with a good game plan because Zhang is a big lump with a 40 yr old tank.
        4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          Everybody automatically thinks Zhang wins because of the Joyce fight, but Parker is no Joyce he has movement and Zhang will lose either by late stoppage or points. Anyway I've lost respect for Zhang as himself and his team have insisted on a rematch clause that tells me his not really that confident in his ability.
          Well, Zhang also had to beat Joyce twice, because Joyce had a rematch clause.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Well, Zhang also had to beat Joyce twice, because Joyce had a rematch clause.
            So just because Joyce did it makes it right?

All modern day fighters are doing this, the IBF are the only organisation seeming to try and stop this by taking belts if you have your rematch and no defend against your mandatory. All true boxing fans shod applaud this.

Comment

All modern day fighters are doing this, the IBF are the only organisation seeming to try and stop this by taking belts if you have your rematch and no defend against your mandatory. All true boxing fans shod applaud this.
              Zhang is 40 years old Chinese. I can totally understand why is he doing this. He must somehow secure his WBO mandatory position.

Well, if Parker wants it, he must beat Zhang twice.

Comment

This!!!

Comment

For the record, Zhang looks terrific for an old fighter in his 40's. But the wheels could suddenly just come off, even in this mysterious age of the unseen hand extending careers and years.

Comment

Very different fighters. Both seem nice persons. I give an edge to Zhang, who's very underrated. He has very good technique and skills and is huge. He actually won vs Hrgovic also.

Parker was incredible vs wilder, but we all know that wilder can't box. Only puncher's chance was his possibility and he never connected.

Parker was also good and sharp vs Kean but he's in another class, so it's a bit difficult to judge.

Comment

Working...
                    X