Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you blame Usyk for walking away?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you blame Usyk for walking away?

Would you blame Usyk if he decided there was just too much risk that Fury never makes it to the ring?

Consider the original negotiations.

Consider that they had a fight for December. It's never Tyson's fault but he apparently couldn't be ready for December after a tough fight with Ngannou (a fight he chose to take).

Consider that they had a fight for two weeks from now. It's never Tyson's fault but he got split open in what looks like some pretty scrappy sparring.

Usyk has been in camp for this fight for about 5 months now. He's being asked to do it for another 3 months.

And there are no guarantees Fury's eye is good to go in 3 months (including camp and sparring).

If I were Usyk, I'd walk. Get on with his career. Usyk is a unified world champion waiting on a bloke who hasn't had a meaningful fight in a couple of years. Why would Usyk's career be dictated by Fury's problems?
    Yes
    34.62%
    No
    65.38%

At this point, not really.

If it doesn’t happen in May then certainly I’d expect him to move on.

Comment

Fury just needed any excuse to delay the fight.

Comment

He's getting an extra 10M & another big fight in May if Fury fooks sh^t up again. He'd be certified stoopid to walk away now.

Comment

Turki's language implied Team Usyk had to be seriously induced not to, even though it was presented in an even handed manner.

I would prefer for him to deal with the IBF mandatory. The problem he has is that it's not a big fight commercially and the Saudis seem not to be interested in it.

He could stage a fight in Poland like he did for Dubois, but it must be difficult when there remains a hugh payday in view.
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Sad state of affairs when boxing fans don't want to see fights...

He should have a fight before revisiting Tyson though.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
              Sad state of affairs when boxing fans don't want to see fights...

He should have a fight before revisiting Tyson though.
              That's a strange interpretation. This is very specific to Fury and his unreliability.
              lefthook2daliva lefthook2daliva likes this.

Comment

maxresdefault.jpg

actually dont, just take a break & wait for flubby again i would say

mess the saudis around once, shame on u, mess the saudis around twice, off with the head
                RazorDog RazorDog likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

That's a strange interpretation. This is very specific to Fury and his unreliability.
                  Nothing strange about it. Just from your reply I can tell you don't want to see it. Probably spamming the forum in glee it isn't happening right?

Ftr, Usyk beats Tyson, in fact, probably knocks him out - but I want to see it - because I'm a fan of boxing. Unlike some.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

Nothing strange about it. Just from your reply I can tell you don't want to see it. Probably spamming the forum in glee it isn't happening right?

Ftr, Usyk beats Tyson, in fact, probably knocks him out - but I want to see it - because I'm a fan of boxing. Unlike some.
                    I do want to see it, are you able to give me some assurances of when that's likely to be?
                    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X