Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: Golovkin Fight Damaged Me, It Changed Me, Should Have Withdrew From Spence Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always thought Brook was just below elite skill wise. But he didn't back down from any challenge and was tougher than hell. A real warrior. I'd rather have watched Brook in his prime than many of the elite guys. He fought to win.

Comment

Kell should have never taken GGG fight, Junior is the one to blame as he possied out and never found his pen. Brooks face paid for it.

Comment

No one told him to put the crack into the pipe, messed up his life, and played himself. Healthy Brook would have out-pointed Spence in that fight. And Crawford vs Brook would have happened the minute Crawford entered 147 or after Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post
          Tbh I blame AMIR KHAN for this debacle and for ruining both his + Kell's career's. Let me explain...Khan was always a world class fighter (obviously...he was a unified world champion) but NEVER an elite top 10 p4p fighter at his peak. However, his huge ego couldn't handle that which is why he was constantly chasing fights with p4p #1 fighter's during his career like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo + Crawford etc because if he managed to beat one of those guys, he could look back on his career one day and say 'I was the #1 p4p fighter during my peak'. However, those fights either never materialised and when they did he got his ass handed to him because levels exist for a reason.

Anyhow, after getting knocked out by Garcia, Khan left Roach and hired Hunter where he went on a 5 fight unbeaten streak as a Welterweight with some very one-sided victories over former champions Algieri, Alexander & Collazo. Khan was boxing beautifully and could've had a real shot at becoming a two weight world champion. Following his victory over Algieri in May 2015, it was literally the PERFECT time to make a huge 'Battle of Britain' showdown for newly crowned Brook's IBF Welterweight title. The fight would've been massive in England given their rivalry plus the fact that a world title was on the line. However, instead of facing Kell, Khan got greedy and climbed two weight divisions to fight Canelo who took what was left of his limited punch resistance and a few years out of his career by flattening him like a rolling pin rolling dough. As a result, Kell was forced to look for other opponents and faced the same fate himself at the hands of Golovkin which he admits was a big mistake and ruined his career.

I've always rated Kell as the better fighter of the two so would've fancied him to beat Khan had they both met at 147 in 2015. However, Khan's victory over Alexander was so impressive plus he seemed to handle Brook's punches much better than I thought without going down when they finally did meet that I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to outbox him either. Anyhow, this is just a tale of how one man's greed and ego robbed the fan's of a fantastic fight and ruined both fighter's career's in the process.
          Kell fighting GGG and Khan fighting Canelo were two of the biggest mistakes in boxing matchmaking. Ruined two boxers. The two boxers freely took the bouts; no one was forcing them to do so, but how in hell did either guy think going into the ring that they had a chance in hell of SURVIVING the fight much less winning it. I Underderstand the paaaaay daaaaay aspect but surely their mental and physical well being should have been taken into consideration.

Comment

Tbh I blame AMIR KHAN for this debacle and for ruining both his + Kell's career's. Let me explain...Khan was always a world class fighter (obviously...he was a unified world champion) but NEVER an elite top 10 p4p fighter at his peak. However, his huge ego couldn't handle that which is why he was constantly chasing fights with p4p #1 fighter's during his career like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo + Crawford etc because if he managed to beat one of those guys, he could look back on his career one day and say 'I was the #1 p4p fighter during my peak'. However, those fights either never materialised and when they did he got his ass handed to him because levels exist for a reason.

Anyhow, after getting knocked out by Garcia, Khan left Roach and hired Hunter where he went on a 5 fight unbeaten streak as a Welterweight with some very one-sided victories over former champions Algieri, Alexander & Collazo. Khan was boxing beautifully and could've had a real shot at becoming a two weight world champion. Following his victory over Algieri in May 2015, it was literally the PERFECT time to make a huge 'Battle of Britain' showdown for newly crowned Brook's IBF Welterweight title. The fight would've been massive in England given their rivalry plus the fact that a world title was on the line. However, instead of facing Kell, Khan got greedy and climbed two weight divisions to fight Canelo who took what was left of his limited punch resistance and a few years out of his career by flattening him like a rolling pin rolling dough. As a result, Kell was forced to look for other opponents and faced the same fate himself at the hands of Golovkin which he admits was a big mistake and ruined his career.

I've always rated Kell as the better fighter of the two so would've fancied him to beat Khan had they both met at 147 in 2015. However, Khan's victory over Alexander was so impressive plus he seemed to handle Brook's punches much better than I thought without going down when they finally did meet that I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to outbox him either. Anyhow, this is just a tale of how one man's greed and ego robbed the fan's of a fantastic fight and ruined both fighter's career's in the process.
            Good post and quite accurate
            Goes to show what kind of pos Slow Eddie really is
            As your promoter , he should be looking out for you
            Always liked Kell but once he the fight with GGG was done , you can see that Kell Was a changed man and far from the same boxer we enjoyed

Comment

I think prime Brook beats Spence. But any version of post GGG fight brook is damaged goods, and im sure the stabbing must have effected him too. So Spences and Buds win over Brook is tainted.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 01-26-2024, 12:42 PM.
              gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

i agree they should have fought and it was khans fault for not wanting it but one sided fight against algieri? i thought algieri won and as he landed the much cleaner punches while khans flurries werent connecting cleanly. he also had a razor close fight in that run against julio diaz which i scored a draw with 2 10-8 rounds for diaz for knocking khan down and badly hurting him in another round. khan was the same old fighter as he always as. a guy who runs into punches and throws ineffective volume. guys like alexander and collazo simply shelled up and did nothing. guys like algieri and diaz were constantly finding the holes and connecting cleanly on khan. he just wasnt a smart or great boxer.
                dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I think prime Brook beats Spence. But any version of post GGG fight brook is damaged goods, and im sure the stabbing must have effected him too. So Spences and Buds win over Brook is tainted.
                  I also agree that a prime Brook beats Spence
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Fighting Golovkin was one of the ******est decisions I've ever seen. Shame on Hearn for allowing it to happen.
                    He only did it because Khan fought Canelo.

2016 was a ridiculous year.

Instead of Canelo-GGG and Khan-Brook we got two pointless fights in Canelo-Khan and GGG-Brook.

Comment

And people were just telling me I was making it up when I said exactly this about Brook when I was asking why Spence was considered P4P. Now you've heard it from the horse's mouth.

Definitely looks like the same thing happened to Wilder after his Fury beatings. Think he really did "leave it all in the ring" in their 3rd fight.
                      Last edited by crimsonfalcon07; 01-26-2024, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X