Beterbiev
    Jesse Rodriguez
    Crawford

I think that is it. Creme della creme.

Who else should be there?

Haney, Boots, Opetaia
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I think Junto Nakatani is the goods also. I suspect Tenshin Nasukawa also will get there, but he's really early on in his boxing career, and his power may not have carried over. I think pretty highly of Vergil Ortiz Jr too when he can actually get in the ring. Chocolatito and Loma look a little faded. Estrada still pretty darn good, although he needs to FIGHT. I want to see Morrell vs better competition too. He might have some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
        I think Junto Nakatani is the goods also. I suspect Tenshin Nasukawa also will get there, but he's really early on in his boxing career, and his power may not have carried over. I think pretty highly of Vergil Ortiz Jr too when he can actually get in the ring. Chocolatito and Loma look a little faded. Estrada still pretty darn good, although he needs to FIGHT. I want to see Morrell vs better competition too. He might have some skills.
        Nasukawa is/was no doubt the best Japanese kickboxer ever and has potential to be great boxer too, but I fear that the media/fan expectations on him will eventually lead to a let down. Also his fight style is not the type that gets huge fans as it is similar to Ioka's style, while Nakatani is more entertaining similar to Inoue's style. As a result, I am getting an impression that he may try to give up what he is good at and needlessly try to become a KO artist which will likely hinder him.

He has great natural reflex, speed, and movement for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
          Nasukawa is/was no doubt the best Japanese kickboxer ever and has potential to be great boxer too, but I fear that the media/fan expectations on him will eventually lead to a let down. Also his fight style is not the type that gets huge fans as it is similar to Ioka's style, while Nakatani is more entertaining similar to Inoue's style. As a result, I am getting an impression that he may try to give up what he is good at and needlessly try to become a KO artist which will likely hinder him.

He has great natural reflex, speed, and movement for sure though.
          He's already showboating in his fights, and is a great showman. And Ioka is very popular in Japan. He regularly gets millions of eyes on his fights. Nasukawa is also super popular already, which is why he's often co-main even though he's only starting out. Maybe you're talking about Western eyes? But those functionally don't matter because westerners already don't care about the smaller divisions. When it comes to the biggest audiences for the divisions he fights in, he's already a superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
            He's already showboating in his fights, and is a great showman. And Ioka is very popular in Japan. He regularly gets millions of eyes on his fights. Nasukawa is also super popular already, which is why he's often co-main even though he's only starting out. Maybe you're talking about Western eyes? But those functionally don't matter because westerners already don't care about the smaller divisions. When it comes to the biggest audiences for the divisions he fights in, he's already a superstar.
            His showboating is the double edge sword IMO, because that makes people want the flashy results more than quality fights. I don't doubt that Tenshin will win his next match, but unless he made huge adjustments to his style from the Guzman fight I expect another easy, wide decision win...which is a quality match, but not the flashiness casuals want these days. And Ioka is still popular but they are mostly from the olden days boxing fans. The irony is that due to the Inoue fever the last few years, there has been a huge influx of new/casual boxing fans (which is great for the growth of the sport, don't get me wrong) who want to see the power ****ing and KOs, not a defensive master with skill and speed.

And the fact that he has his huge fanbase already built that came from kickboxing is why he is co-main and selling tickets right now, but that group is not a guarantee to stay unless the flashy results come fast, and the "what have you done recently" mentality doesn't really mesh well with the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
              His showboating is the double edge sword IMO, because that makes people want the flashy results more than quality fights. I don't doubt that Tenshin will win his next match, but unless he made huge adjustments to his style from the Guzman fight I expect another easy, wide decision win...which is a quality match, but not the flashiness casuals want these days. And Ioka is still popular but they are mostly from the olden days boxing fans. The irony is that due to the Inoue fever the last few years, there has been a huge influx of new/casual boxing fans (which is great for the growth of the sport, don't get me wrong) who want to see the power ****ing and KOs, not a defensive master with skill and speed.

And the fact that he has his huge fanbase already built that came from kickboxing is why he is co-main and selling tickets right now, but that group is not a guarantee to stay unless the flashy results come fast, and the "what have you done recently" mentality doesn't really mesh well with the sport of boxing.
              Well, the good news is he's only 2 bouts in with a 3rd on ESPN+ this coming Tuesday. So we'll have plenty of time to see how his career shapes up. I'm in it for the demonstration and application of skills, so I enjoy Nasukawa so far.

Comment

Just bud, canelo, and usyk.

Comment

has to be tank davis that guy is simply amazing and what a resume

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    has to be tank davis that guy is simply amazing and what a resume
                    You would think so... It figures. And yes I know you are making at attempt at humor.

Comment

Working...
                    X