Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Willing To Face Ryan Garcia Next at Catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ———
    Which boxer does not mock his opponent?
    Tyson wanted to eat Lennox’s kids.
    Hopkins would never lose to a white guy. Neither will Haney.
    Floyd and Ali were masters at mocking their opponents. A lot more boxers have gotten into scuffles before their actual fights while trading insults.

Shakur has had ONE lackluster fight and you and many other casuals turn on him like he just murdered someone. Meanwhile, you all vote for literal classless criminals into elected office.

You know who has “heart”? Amir Khan. So say his loyal fans because he takes on the biggest challenges while getting blasted out or going type to toe.

Other than the boring fight which I admit was boring, what exactly has Shakur done?
    Im gonna jump in here.

That last fight wasnt just bad, it was world class horrible. And i dont think it was out of character for him; Shakur is that type of fighter. It's easier for a runner to engage when he's fighting lower level opposition.

But it seems like his dna is to dance instead of engaging. I dont mean he's good at "hit and dont get hit", and im salty cuz i want to watch rockem sockem robots all night. I mean when he feels the heat his default is 100% "dont get hit".

If I was a fighter in his class, I wouldn't fight him. To some extent a fight requires two people who are willing to engage, even if one more than other. I wouldnt want to chase him around the ring for 12 rounds, while boring my fans to death. Nobody except him wants that for their brand.
    Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 12-02-2023, 10:59 AM.
    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

With the increasing amount of catchweights recently, I guess Miguel Cotto is more of a trailblazer than he's gotten credit for.

Comment

Shakur has had ONE lackluster fight
        ...one?

Shakur has had plenty of stinkers in his recent fights. Or did you forget the Nakathila fight because it was so boring? Or the Valdez fight?

Rolly called it out perfectly (and got hate for it) - starting at 5:40

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

Im gonna jump in here.

That last fight wasnt just bad, it was world class horrible. And i dont think it was out of character for him; Shakur is that type of fighter. It's easier for a runner to engage when he's fighting lower level opposition.

But it seems like his dna is to dance instead of engaging. I dont mean he's good at "hit and dont get hit", and im salty cuz i want to watch rockem sockem robots all night. I mean when he feels the heat his default is 100% "dont get hit".

If I was a fighter in his class, I wouldn't fight him. To some extent a fight requires two people who are willing to engage, even if one more than other. I wouldnt want to chase him around the ring for 12 rounds, while boring my fans to death. Nobody except him wants that for their brand.
          ———
          Do us a favor please, go watch SRL vs Duran 2 and see how the great SRL “runs” for 7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

...one?

Shakur has had plenty of stinkers in his recent fights. Or did you forget the Nakathila fight because it was so boring? Or the Valdez fight?

———
            Hopkins was the most boring (and dirty) fighter ever until he was over 40. And he didn’t get his big break until he fought Tito in 2001 at 36 I think.
            Shakur is 25 so I’ll wait to see how his career plays out especially at 135

Comment

———
              Which boxer does not mock his opponent?
              Tyson wanted to eat Lennox’s kids.
              Hopkins would never lose to a white guy. Neither will Haney.
              Floyd and Ali were masters at mocking their opponents. A lot more boxers have gotten into scuffles before their actual fights while trading insults.

Shakur has had ONE lackluster fight and you and many other casuals turn on him like he just murdered someone. Meanwhile, you all vote for literal classless criminals into elected office.

You know who has “heart”? Amir Khan. So say his loyal fans because he takes on the biggest challenges while getting blasted out or going type to toe.

Other than the boring fight which I admit was boring, what exactly has Shakur done?
              Google Shakur Stevenson parking garage.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

I’m not ready for shakur vs anyone bro, it’s too soon I’m still mad at his last performance. I’m gonna have to hear about it, then I’ll think about risking waisting my time on a shakur fight again, if I hear something good from his performance
                I was being facetious. Matias Subriel is a straight up killer. I personally don't care if Stevenson ever fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

I was being facetious. Matias Subriel is a straight up killer. I personally don't care if Stevenson ever fights again.
                  Same. I don’t like his style never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

...one?

Damn, Rolly is the voice of wisdom in boxing. He's on point.
                    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      There's no other way to put it, Shakur Stevenson was flat-out boring during his showdown against Edwin De Los Santos. Fans at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, booed Stevenson mercilessly. Once they realized that Stevenson wasn't stepping on the gas and continued to play it safe, they refrained from booing and simply walked out.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      Garcia can’t even make 140 now. Forget about it. Shakur should be pressing little tank m.

Comment

Working...
                      X