Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson On Fighting Navarrete: He Just Got A Draw With Robson Conceicao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    Robson was the best fighter that night. The same type of scoring that says that Fury won against Ngannou, which by the numbers was on the strength of only 1 jab in round 2, should have given Conceicao the victory easily. He outlanded Navarrete in EVERY round except 11, most by very wide margins. 213 to 116 punches landed. I grant most were jabs, but he outlanded Navarrete in power punches also, and was landing scoring punches basically every moment he wasn't getting dropped. Even with the two knockdowns, I don't see how you score more than 4 rounds for Navarrete (4,7, 11, and 10 is the only other one that was even a little close).

Robson threw more punches in several rounds than Shakur landed in his fight. Heck, he threw as many in just the championship rounds as Shakur did in the whole fight. He definitely deserves a rematch. If Shakur shows up like that again vs any of the top guys at 135/140, he's going to lose.
    Four rounds plus two knockdowns add up to six rounds, you had it a draw too.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Four rounds plus two knockdowns add up to six rounds, you had it a draw too.
      That's
      10+10+10+10+9+9+9+9+9+9+9+9=40+72=112 Navarrete
      8+8+9+9+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10=16+18+80=114 Conceicao

You just suck at math or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        No doubt, point taken! However, the setup was for a Stevenson vs. Navarette fight! No one is wanting to see that now, because Shakur fought too cautiously, and Navarette had a draw @ 130, with a guy Shakur dominated, so he's not a credible threat to beat Shakur @ 135!
        Oh yeah, due to the sheer boredom of the "main event" I almost forgot that was actually in the initial plans.
        Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

That's
          10+10+10+10+9+9+9+9+9+9+9+9=40+72=112 Navarrete
          8+8+9+9+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10=16+18+80=114 Conceicao

You just suck at math or what?
          My bad, I mixed the rounds with 10 points system. Thanks
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Navarette is way too entertaining to waste time on Sleep Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

My bad, I mixed the rounds with 10 points system. Thanks
              Happens to us all sometimes.

Even Navarrete and Shakur have a bad night sometimes eh?

Comment

Happens to us all sometimes.

Even Navarrete and Shakur have a bad night sometimes eh?
                To the best of us. I counted by rounds, left out the points, which it is what counts the most. I'm an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by mev1 View Post

Oscar had one or two bad fights. He beat Tito, and maybe lost to Sturm, and both were very much more exciting than any of Shakur,s fights. I have never seen Shakur in a good fight. His bad fights are the rule not the exemption. Oscar was an ATG. You should never compare him or any ATG to Shakur. He is going to be just another super skilled guy that makes no money, because people can't stand to watch him so therefore will not pay for it.
                  ————
                  Oscar did beat Tito but he ran the last 4 rounds. That’s a fact. Oscar got beat by Sturm. That was not a “maybe he won” fight.
                  Shakur is just 26 years old. Who in their right mind would say he’s an ATG? He doesn’t even say that about himself. When Floyd or PAC or Roy or even Oscar himself were 26 years old, did anyone call them ATG?

To be clear, I am not saying Shskur is going to be the face of boxing. He’s only 26, there is a lot of time to get there.

Comment

Working...
                  X