No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by res View Post
    He was free to come over to the U.S. and fight when these guys were prime, he decided to hide out in Europe. There is a reason.
    Joe and his promoter offered Hop his largest ever payday in 03 or maybe 04 to come to wales and fight. Hop refused. Why? I suspect because he was still trying to build his name against easier guys like dlh and tarver. I'm not saying Hop was scared of Joe but he made a good business decision avoiding him early.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
      Joe and his promoter offered Hop his largest ever payday in 03 or maybe 04 to come to wales and fight. Hop refused. Why? I suspect because he was still trying to build his name against easier guys like dlh and tarver. I'm not saying Hop was scared of Joe but he made a good business decision avoiding him early.
      Wow... I did not know that. Link please?

Comment

• If Roy never went to LHW, Calzaghe would of never been champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          If Roy never went to LHW, Calzaghe would of never been champ.
          yo man you reed with a tweaked name? I haven't been around lately so I am not sure

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
            yo man you reed with a tweaked name? I haven't been around lately so I am not sure
            I be that dude you talkin' bout, brah.

Comment

glad to bump into some "oldtimers" even on NSB. hope all is good.

Comment

the fact that I found you with an RJ post was even more telling than the name btw... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  glad to bump into some "oldtimers" even on NSB. hope all is good.
                  Most definitely.

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  the fact that I found you with an RJ post was even more telling than the name btw... :-)
                  :roy4:

Comment

If Roy never went to LHW, Calzaghe would of never been champ.
                    Wrong again. Calzaghe was a top tier ATG. If anybody has the nerve to say Floyd is GOAT, then he must be compared to Calzaghe before any GOATing can be decided. In this respect, its clear Calzaghe was better than Floyd because he beat RJJ and BHop. Floyd never did that and never could do that. It's a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                      Wrong again. Calzaghe was a top tier ATG. If anybody has the nerve to say Floyd is GOAT, then he must be compared to Calzaghe before any GOATing can be decided. In this respect, its clear Calzaghe was better than Floyd because he beat RJJ and BHop. Floyd never did that and never could do that. It's a fact.
                      You are right: Floyd never fought anyone in his 40s.

Comment

Working...
                      X