No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    From that response, I'd say you're out of answers.

Love it when people wanna veer from the conversation for no apparent reason.
    ok then how come he could knock down a good fighter in Eubank yet few years later couldn't knock down a lesser fighter in Lacey the reason shot hands my friend .

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch12 View Post
      ok then how come he could knock down a good fighter in Eubank yet few years later couldn't knock down a lesser fighter in Lacey the reason shot hands my friend .
      That doesn't mean that he has great, one punch power. Who has ever knocked Lacy down?

Knocking someone down doesn't mean you had great power. If that was the case then Hopkins does too since he knocked Calzaghe down. But we know that's not true.

Comment

• Calzage is like Floyd in some ways he has the power to stop men like Hopkins easily but doesn't have the desire to use it.

Comment

That doesn't mean that he has great, one punch power. Who has ever knocked Lacy down?

Knocking someone down doesn't mean you had great power. If that was the case then Hopkins does too since he knocked Calzaghe down. But we know that's not true.
          what i mean is Calzaghe aint always been pillow fisted like some like to think .

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch12 View Post
            what i mean is Calzaghe aint always been pillow fisted like some like to think .
            No, he's not pillow-fisted. He's a solid puncher but doesn't possess one-punch pop and doesn't possess great power. Never did. He was stopping guys by accumulation back then too. And those guys weren't too great.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins knocked the steel-chinned Calzaghe down...does that mean he's a powerful, KO fighter?
              Where did anyone say Calzaghe was ever a "powerful KO fighter"?

I think its fair to say he had more power back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Where did anyone say Calzaghe was ever a "powerful KO fighter"?

I think its fair to say he had more power back in the day.
                I don't agree. And never agreed with that. He's always been what he is. A solid puncher who may wear you down through accumulation but isn't going to get you out of there with one shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  You lost me at the prime Roy part. Let me make this clear to all you haters an OLD CALZAGHE DID BEAT A PRIME ROY.
                  Roy was not in his prime. You have to be kidding me. Come on every dam calz fan on here was saying what has Roy done to deserve a fight against calz he is past it he didnt beat anyone to get into a fight with calz. Come on dude give me a break. Roy has not been in his prime since the Ruiz fight. That I will say was the last we saw of a prime Roy. He showed alot of heart against Tarver in the first fight. He got KTFO in the second and gave away the third. In between that he was TKFO by Johnson. He hasnt really beaten anyone of good record since that win against Ruiz and Tarver 1. If he beats Hop that will be his best win since Ruiz Tarver. You can see his speed isnt what is used to be. His hand speed I think isnt where it used to be. His work rate isnt were it used to be. If that was a PRIME Roy that knocked calz down in the first round it would have been over. Prime Roy smelled blood. This version of Roy doesnt. Prime Roy KO's Tarver, Tito lacy (Earlier), and probably Calz. Im not hating on Calz he did fight a good fight and kept Roy off all night. He fought a great fight. But he in no way beat a Prime Roy that night. No never.

Comment

• So I'm guessing Hopkins hid out at MW for 16 years because he feared Calzaghe at SMW and Jones at LHW? And then Bernard was so petrified of Joe that he skipped SMW altogether and went for the much easier fight with Tarver?:thinking1:
                    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 10-07-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kendo View Post
                      Roy was not in his prime. You have to be kidding me. Come on every dam calz fan on here was saying what has Roy done to deserve a fight against calz he is past it he didnt beat anyone to get into a fight with calz. Come on dude give me a break. Roy has not been in his prime since the Ruiz fight. That I will say was the last we saw of a prime Roy. He showed alot of heart against Tarver in the first fight. He got KTFO in the second and gave away the third. In between that he was TKFO by Johnson. He hasnt really beaten anyone of good record since that win against Ruiz and Tarver 1. If he beats Hop that will be his best win since Ruiz Tarver. You can see his speed isnt what is used to be. His hand speed I think isnt where it used to be. His work rate isnt were it used to be. If that was a PRIME Roy that knocked calz down in the first round it would have been over. Prime Roy smelled blood. This version of Roy doesnt. Prime Roy KO's Tarver, Tito lacy (Earlier), and probably Calz. Im not hating on Calz he did fight a good fight and kept Roy off all night. He fought a great fight. But he in no way beat a Prime Roy that night. No never.
                      im pretty sure he was taking the piss.

theres a lot of piss taking going on in this thread, followed by 10 responses of people taking them seriously.

if someone thinks something that ******ed, chances are they arent allowed to use computers in the mental ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X