Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I Just Sometimes Look In The Mirror And Think I'm An Absolute Genius

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I Just Sometimes Look In The Mirror And Think I'm An Absolute Genius

    By Keith Idec - Tyson Fury is about to get paid an enormous sum of money for fighting a heavyweight novice in a 10-round, non-title fight. Some reports have suggested Fury's purse for facing former UFC champ Francis Ngannou will exceed $60 million. Though Ngannou's power poses at least some sort of threat to the unbeaten WBC heavyweight champ, even Fury feels as though this windfall from Saudi Arabian investors is almost too good to be true.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Hes going full pro wrestling villain.
    zalous zalous likes this.

    Comment


    • #3
      I suppose we have at least another two months of these throwaway Fury quotes masquerading as news, don't we?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        Hes going full pro wrestling villain.
        If every boxer had half the charisma of Fury then Showtime and HBO would still be in the sport because casual fans would be fully engaged and viewing numbers through the roof.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SteveM View Post

          If every boxer had half the charisma of Fury then Showtime and HBO would still be in the sport because casual fans would be fully engaged and viewing numbers through the roof.
          True. But when, say, Mike Tyson and his charisma were around, he fought often and (mostly) against credible opponents. Aside from Wilder, Fury has fought nobody worthy of being remembered, not to mention farcical stuff like Seferi, Chisora III and this upcoming turd of a "fight".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SteveM View Post

            If every boxer had half the charisma of Fury then Showtime and HBO would still be in the sport because casual fans would be fully engaged and viewing numbers through the roof.
            Fury doesn't have charisma. He knows how to play a provocative/abusive character, but that's not the same thing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
              True.
              Is it? A sizeable proportion of people are disgusted by boxing as it is, you think they're going to be turned around by some edgelord heavyweight champion? This is a silly, simplistic narrative from the social media generation who project their values onto others. Other popular sports don't require the participants to act like clowns.
              Verus Verus likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dan-b View Post
                I suppose we have at least another two months of these throwaway Fury quotes masquerading as news, don't we?
                Even since he developed that story about drug induced, mentally deranged manic depressive episode's causing himself to not be able to climb off the canvas of life and back into the ring ............... well yes it has been more then a few months of Baloney Skins coming out of Tyson's mouth and the mouth of all that promote him and support him. He has done nothing for boxing but make himself a lot of money and his promo boys a boat load of money for years now. i give him credit for the carnival act, the way he sells schitt as sunshine and lies as the truth. But he is nothing but an act a cheap over hyped act pretending to be something he is not........ And i give him much credit for his loyalty to himself and money what a guy from his phony name to his big fat ........yea cant wait for him ruin himself after the lights go out in the ring......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

                  Even since he developed that story about drug induced, mentally deranged manic depressive episode's causing himself to not be able to climb off the canvas of life and back into the ring ............... well yes it has been more then a few months of Baloney Skins coming out of Tyson's mouth and the mouth of all that promote him and support him. He has done nothing for boxing but make himself a lot of money and his promo boys a boat load of money for years now. i give him credit for the carnival act, the way he sells schitt as sunshine and lies as the truth. But he is nothing but an act a cheap over hyped act pretending to be something he is not........ And i give him much credit for his loyalty to himself and money what a guy from his phony name to his big fat ........yea cant wait for him ruin himself after the lights go out in the ring......
                  The whole "I give him credit for making money" narrative only holds true if one sees material possessions as important. I don't, which is why I can easily see past all the hype with people like Fury and Mayweather and see them for what they are: uninteresting men who happen to be particularly skilled in a culture which overvalue sports and entertainment.

                  However I do enjoy boxing when it gives us the right matchups, of which Fury - Usyk is one, so I will tune in as the referee is giving instructions. I have no interest in listening to him repeat the words "midget", "middleweight" and "sausage" in press conferences though. I'm not a teenage boy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dan-b View Post

                    Is it? A sizeable proportion of people are disgusted by boxing as it is, you think they're going to be turned around by some edgelord heavyweight champion? This is a silly, simplistic narrative from the social media generation who project their values onto others. Other popular sports don't require the participants to act like clowns.
                    In fact, SteveM talked about "casual fans" in relation to the survival of major boxing networks. Basically he synthesized to the extreme the same disturbing reality that you describe (and, make no mistake, I do agree with you: Fury couldn't tie a serious fighter's shoes, had he lived in earlier eras).

                    I believe that the "sizeable proportion" of disgusted people has to be found among us, the connoisseurs. But the gullible crowds are still there to be fooled, and people like Fury, Jake Paul etc. are doing exactly that, either we like it or not, thanks to the establishment's moguls who cover them with money.

                    It's just the world of sht we're living in, unfortunately.
                    Last edited by Tatabanya; 10-25-2023, 03:02 AM.
                    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP