Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Believes UFC 294 Will Outperform Fury-Ngannou on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

That would have been a good fight. I don't think triangle theories work in MMA though, I know they don't work in boxing. I'm rooting for Miocic to pull the miracle vs Jones too.
    Yeah you're right, styles make fights. I think Ngannou would have presented a much bigger threat to Jones than Gane did. Ngannou isnt exactly a wrestler but he can probably make you work much harder for the takedown than Gane right now is able to, and every second standing with him is more dangerous because of his power.

The Jones/Stipe fight is pretty dumb but obviously they're going with what makes the most money relative to the risk. Pavlovich or Aspinall should be the no1 contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Dana Whites quote at the end of the article makes no sense. Fury is the best heavyweight boxer in the world, Ngannou is supposedly the best heavyweight MMA fighter. That seems like best vs best too.

Keep in mind, Dana White would be fellating Fury-Ngannou if the UFC was involved. Just like he fellated Mayweather-McGregor once the money made sense.
      That’s like putting football gear on world champion Rugby players against actual NFL team playing under NFL rules and saying the best are competing against each other. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
        Big story this. Dana White is asked if UFC 294 will outperform Fury-Nganno and he says, I hope so, but I am biased. Groundbreaking.
        LOL, the truth is far less exciting & clickable, but yea this for those who didn't look at the story.

Comment

Dana White Believes UFC 294 Will Outperform Fury-Ngannou on PPV
          -------------------------

Doesn't really matter. Both fighters would be guaranteed truckloads of Saudi oil money. They won't even care about the PPV outcome. I doubt the Saudis would also care.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Lean towards Islam and Khamzat but they're pretty competitive fights. Volk has been active more recently than Islam as well so he could be pretty sharp and ready even coming in as a late replacement. As for Usman/Khamzat, I think a lot of it depends on what state Usman is in after those Leon fights, if those signalled him getting old and declining or if hes still got something left in the tank. As good as Khamzat looks usually hes not had much experience at the elite level, basically just the Burns fight and he looked much more beatable than usual there. You dont wanna take the kind of shots Khamzat took from Burns from the much bigger and harder hitting Usman.
            I believe Khamzat will take the wrestling approach against Kamaru. He won't be ****** to go toe to toe so he will use his biggest strength which is wrestling! Kamaru has wrestling too but Khamzat is in much bigger and comfortable weight at Middleweight (185lbs)

Comment

UFC sucks, all guys there are bums. That is a reason why Ngannou wants to fight Fury in a boxing match. A better sport, a much better money.

UFC is for bums. Ngannou has overgrown UFC a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Yeah you're right, styles make fights. I think Ngannou would have presented a much bigger threat to Jones than Gane did. Ngannou isnt exactly a wrestler but he can probably make you work much harder for the takedown than Gane right now is able to, and every second standing with him is more dangerous because of his power.

The Jones/Stipe fight is pretty dumb but obviously they're going with what makes the most money relative to the risk. Pavlovich or Aspinall should be the no1 contender.
                You are right!

At this point Dana White wants to probably erase Stipe Miocic out of UFC. Stipe only likes to fight championship fights and reject contender fights that is why I believe Dana White set up Jones vs Stipe. Everyone knows Stipe don't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  UFC sucks, all guys there are bums. That is a reason why Ngannou wants to fight Fury in a boxing match. A better sport, a much better money.

UFC is for bums. Ngannou has overgrown UFC a long time ago.
                  Bums compared to what? compared to another MMA org? compared to the boxers that couldnt beat them in MMA and in most cases arent willing to fight them under anything but straight up boxing rules because they are aware of their limitations?

A lot of criteria can go into something being a "better sport" but certainly in terms of entertainment value and excitement you're not going to see cards like that UFC card last night in boxing very often.
                  Last edited by TMLT87; 10-22-2023, 12:53 AM.

Comment

It'll be a 0-0 draw in my house.

Comment

I guess Dana was right. Fury Vs Ngannou flop bad in America. Wow only 67.5k sold. PFL you better think twice about your investment in Ngannou.

Comment

Working...
                      X