Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Canelos gameplan be to beat David Benevidez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a bit worried by canelo abandoning combinations and just loading up 1 shot at a time. Its worked for a lot of guys but he needs to make adjustments and benavideaz who is going to come to him he needs to counter him.

Comment

Canelo would need to box a bit more than usual, but his counters would easily make a fool of Benavidez.

I got Canelo on this if it happens. By a wide margin.

Comment

Bivol sparred Benavidez and feels based on that sparring that he has a good chance to beat Canelo Alvarez if they ever fight.

https://youtu.be/NuanfsJyuFo?si=ING8UgF0U_j7FChq​

Bivol warns Canelo "not easy fight" 50/50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H7DG5egXfI
        Last edited by smith3536; 10-03-2023, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          The only way I see the ginger winning is by KO. But I don't see that happenig.

He can't fight at range and try counter against the 6'2 benevidez. Benevidez has one of the best jabs in the game and is a great fighter at range.

His best shot is coming foward, but he would be walking into a barrage of bunches from the longer, stroner, Benevidez. Benevide throws in bunches and is a great body puncher.

This is a huge mismatch IMO. Benevidez smokes Canelo.
          - - Make sure to post your betting slip before the fight so we can all have a big laugh...

Comment

What I like about this fight regardless of the outcome, is that any of them can win the fight. They both have their virtues and flaws. I see this fight coming down who is busier. If a ko happens, is because accumulation, I don't think one punch is going to do it, they're both hit hard, not one punch ko artist and canelo has a granite chin, only seen him hurt once.

Comment

Apparently the wbc ordered Alvarez vs Benavidez by March of next year.

Comment

Working...
              X