Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Believes That His Brother, Gary Antuanne, Has The "Cheat-code" To Beat Jaron Ennis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Behind the ear is legal. Especially if the fighter turns their head. The Dolurme punch was clearly not in the back of the head.
    In what world behind the ear legal?
    It seems only Ennis is doing that pretty often
    Other boxers duck and turn their head and other boxers don't hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post

hahahahaahh classick!!!

Haha thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post

Mmmmm I disagree. From the outside looking in, it seems as though Ennis.geta hit a lot but when you look closer he is exceptional at rolling with punches and parrying (a master at the 52 blocks.like Judah). He has exceptional timing, power,.elite.jab, can fight from.all ranges, and has Lomachenkoish type of footwork. He is the perfect combination of athleticism, defense, and offense imo (even though I think Shaku is P4P the most technical boxer in the game). Plus, his ability to be just as powerful in both stances separates him from most. Let's put it this way, the Spence that fought Crawford, do you see Ennis struggling with that Spence? No. How about Broom, Kava, Porter, Aanyesian, Khan, Ugas Android Benavodez? He would make light work of all of them imo.
        There ain't no "outside looking in".... Don't try to get over philosophical on him. I'm not saying he is terrible at defense but numbers don't lie. Compubox doesn't showcase this "eliteness" that his fans try to push..... Yes, he is solid defensively, but HE DOES GET HIT enough to warrant a conversation. People get so caught up on his athleticism and showmanship, they try to make it seem like he is a complete fighter already. Which is not the case. What he is able to do well does not hide his flaws. As a former competitor and current trainer of young athletes, I watch the sport a bit closer than most fans. I'm a fan of Ennis. And have been since his amateurs. But he's no superman and he has yet to face anyone who is logically worthy of beating your chest about.

If I'm wrong, name one individual he's faced that has more than a punchers chance at even getting a title shot at 147....let alone become a title holder in the division........ And people want to knock Crawford for his resume, yet he's beat the title holders in each of the 3 divisions he's been in. He's a 3x Lineal champ......but his dominance is because he hasn't fought anyone. But if when it comes to Boots, the story changes....now we got to change the vantage point "from outside looking in"......lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by Str8.2.Da.Point View Post

Why?....Jaron has many holes in his game. He's been touched by multiple fighters with less skill than Gary Antuanne.

People hype Jaron up because of the "eye test" vs the talent he's faced.......What happens when he faces someone with a more efficient skill set and aren't afraid to be in the ring with him.
          So has GAR is the thing. And GAR was hurt. Boots just got touched not hurt.

Ultimately I'm a fan of both these guys, but I've been less impressed with GAR's progression into a pro style. He still seems very amateur-ish or just less pro-like with so much aggression & aimless activity. Someone will eventually use that against him cuz I don't see him bulldozing thru everyone at 140. For sure imho Boots is the harder to beat & more dynamic guy between them at this point.

All that said as a fan of both of them it'd be great to see Boots #1 at 147 & GAR be #1 at 140 then move up to fight Boots at 147. I think it'd go differently when its the pro game & 12rds, but the hype would be big at that point for them to fight who'd gaf about how it went.
          joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

The height and weight difference is huge now, so there's no point of talking about the potential of this fight happening. Ennis is probably close to moving up in just a few months. He's not getting any younger.

There's also nothing to look forward to in this welter division for years to come. 154 got more fighters available and most of them fight on Ennis' home network Showtime.
            real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

So has Gary Antuanne. They all get "touched."
              Yea I know, but you don't hear his fans on here saying silly **** to make him seem like a superhero. Y'all out here trying to make it seem like Jaron has went through some gauntlet and dominated.......lol. He's fought C-class competition at best and was touched up just like anyone else....He just looked good when he adjust and get them out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
                The height and weight difference is huge now, so there's no point of talking about the potential of this fight happening. Ennis is probably close to moving up in just a few months. He's not getting any younger.

There's also nothing to look forward to in this welter division for years to come. 154 got more fighters available and most of them fight on Ennis' home network Showtime.
                He's only 26. Granted its too old to be waiting for a belt fight for his talent level, but it is what it is. I think he'll have a belt soon by hook or by crook.

And I'd hope he stays at 147 til he gets a legit belt at least. It'd be cool if Bud & Errol figured out there sh^t & there are some belts free at 147 real soon. If he moves to 154 anytime soon I'd hope its after Mell has dropped some belts otherwise he's a year away from a belt fight there probably so he'll be 27.

Comment

Love all the people saying Ennis can't be beat, as if the guy they're saying can't beat him hasn't already officially beaten him 3 times. People just don't pay attention. Also, didn't Ennis have like 10 fights before Gary Antuanne went pro?

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                    Love all the people saying Ennis can't be beat, as if the guy they're saying can't beat him hasn't already officially beaten him 3 times. People just don't pay attention. Also, didn't Ennis have like 10 fights before Gary Antuanne went pro?
                    EVERYONE can be beat. But Boots is looking like one of the more unbeatable guys rn.

Shakur is the most unbeatable looking guy in boxing rn imo & he lost to Ruben Villa as an am. I don't think that would go the same as in the pros either, assuming they were at the same weight still.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

EVERYONE can be beat. But Boots is looking like one of the more unbeatable guys rn.

Shakur is the most unbeatable looking guy in boxing rn imo & he lost to Ruben Villa as an am. I don't think that would go the same as in the pros either, assuming they were at the same weight still.
                      Yeah, he looks good. Just amused by all the people saying the only guy with official wins has nothing for him. Beating him 3 of 4 times does suggest something, amateurs or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X