Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Joe Joyce: He Seriously Needs to Consider [Retirement]; Not Going to Be an Easy Journey Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Joe Joyce: He Seriously Needs to Consider [Retirement]; Not Going to Be an Easy Journey Back

    Frank Warren hopes his crestfallen heavyweight charge, Joe Joyce, will give retirement a hard look. Joyce, the longtime heavyweight contender from England, suffered a brutal knockout loss to China's Zhilei Zhang in the third round of their 12-round rematch Saturday night at OVO Arena Wembley in London. In their first encounter in April, Zhang scored a technical stoppage in the sixth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Joyce just does t have the tools to be a champion. He’s extremely slow, he has zero defence, and he can only land meaningful shots if his opponent t isn’t moving. Whatever he was going to accomplish in boxing he’s already done it
    fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

    Comment


    • #3
      He was doing well in the early rounds and then a lapse in concentration...we must have watched two different fights. All I see was a guy who was not doing well, almost very timid 'cos he knew what was coming and then on the other side, I saw a confident guy that was toying with his opponent and ultimately set him up for the kill shot. Heart can only carry you far, you need actuals skills to sustain and he seem to ne missing that majorly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wonder how Frankie would feel about himself retiring less then 24 hours after one of his losses.? That said he can make money J. J. he can do several more fights in the next two years, ya never know what can happen inside the ring. Nobody wants to go out with a loss so he will be back what is left of him will cause him to decide not Franko......
        Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          If he wants to continue his only option is a gatekeeper or fighting Ngannou in boxing after he loses to Fury since Ngannou wants a couple not 1 boxing match. Joyce is to slow plodding hittable n no head movement for anyone Joyce vs Ngannou would actually be watchable. Only other option would be Dominic breazale (even style fight) get the win rematch dubois get the win fight AJ domestically for a cash out

          Comment


          • #6
            Boxing can be so fickle. Exactly one year ago his stock was at its highest ever after he beat the **** out of Parker. Now two losses (and to the same guy) later and he should retire...

            Comment


            • #7
              A year ago, he was top contender, seen as a threat for everybody, now should he retire, lol.
              TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                A year ago, he was top contender, seen as a threat for everybody, now should he retire, lol.
                Anyone who says he should retire is a dumbass and too much into the business end of boxing. Part of being a fighter is coming back from defeats and improving yourself. According to some people on here : Dubois should have 3 world champion belts - Well Joyce stopped Dubois when they fought....

                Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                He was doing well in the early rounds and then a lapse in concentration...we must have watched two different fights. All I see was a guy who was not doing well, almost very timid 'cos he knew what was coming and then on the other side, I saw a confident guy that was toying with his opponent and ultimately set him up for the kill shot. Heart can only carry you far, you need actuals skills to sustain and he seem to ne missing that majorly.
                ​Watching teh fight I could see he shouldn't have taken the rematch. He was holding his hand in front of his damaged eye.

                Also to be fair to Joyce - he got stopped early again. He was given a fast count and still got up at 9. But the ref had already decided to stop it before he even got up. Fury got a long count and lenient ref against Wilder. If either fight Joyce had got into later rounds with Zhang the result could have been different.
                Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 09-24-2023, 09:51 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Boxing can be so fickle. Exactly one year ago his stock was at its highest ever after he beat the **** out of Parker. Now two losses (and to the same guy) later and he should retire...
                  As a poster said in another thread that Parker fight was tough, probably took a lot out of him, he was also eating shots in that fight.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not sure where Joyce goes to be honest. It wasn't the KO that suggests retirement it was that he had even less idea of how to deal with what is a pretty basic opponent than the first time.

                    Dubois has time to be carefully matched to get up the rankings again and I can see him fighting Parker next year sometime as part of that. But Joyce nah
                    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP