Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: 100% Usyk Milked It, He Hates It To The Body, But It Was a Low Blow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: 100% Usyk Milked It, He Hates It To The Body, But It Was a Low Blow

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom believes there is no question that Oleksandr Usyk milked the situation in the fifth round of his fight with Daniel Dubois.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was low as ref said it was.But if it landed 2 inches higher it would've knocked him down too, so it's an official knockdown imo

Comment

There was no way that was a low blow. It hit him right on the belly button and right on the belt and that's not low blow by any definition of the word. The ref was out of position and made a call based on the acting ability of Usyk. I'm really surprised and disappointed at Usyk, I really thought he was a stand up guy and I really respected that about him but I guess all that was acting too.
      Last edited by Ko456; 08-30-2023, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Many old videos of Usyk not liking to the body, surfacing now
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Literally contradicts himself mid-sentence.
          Raimondo Raimondo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko456 View Post
            There was no way that was a low blow. It hit him right on the belly button and right on the belt and that's not low blow by any definition of the word. The ref was out of position and made a call based on the acting ability of Usyk. I'm really surprised and disappointed at Usyk, I really thought he was a stand up guy and I really respected that about him but I guess all that was acting too.
            I must be honest, my own respect for Usyk has diminished quite a bit as well after his acting last Saturday.

Comment

If he'd knocked down Dubois with the same ****, it was a knockdown.

And Usyk himself has already said, Id have jumped up if I'd heard a count. He admitted he was play acting for time to recover from the body shot. Had he got up after a count he would have been very vulnerable.

People pulled up diagrams of the "foul punch lines". Arms, back of head, etc. Guys get hit on all those areas during fights and they get knocked down at times and it is not an illegal blow, as fighters are moving and turning. A shot to the back of the head is only ever called if a fighter has his back turned totally and the other guy aims at that area.

Point being, Usyk was bent, the shot hit him in the navel area, not the groin. We all know what is always called a low blow, it is a punch below the belt, in the cup, the groin, etc. That shot is legal in 99% of fights, if Usyk had hit Dubois with it, no low blow. It was hometown bull****.

I agree with others, time to move on. But it was some bull****.
              Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 08-30-2023, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                It was low as ref said it was.But if it landed 2 inches higher it would've knocked him down too, so it's an official knockdown imo
                Are you feeling ok, mate?
                Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

It landed below the belly button.
                  Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Hearn is playing this very sly.

That uppercut was on the waistband/navel. Now, Usyk would need to pull up his trunks up to his ti*s to protect his glass abdomen. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X