No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua To Now Face Robert Helenius

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Sure, but RH fought DW on a short notice and won the first two rds even hurting Whyte but had to back off before gassing out (yes, Robert´s engine is poor even with a full camp). And the Povetkin rematch, I wouldn´t write songs about beating a 41 yo man who´s still recovering from covid.. in short, AJ just went from a mismatch to another mismatch.
    Whyte would be a more game opponent though, you may be able to knock him out or outbox him, but at least he would try to win.

Helenius will look for the floor at the first sign of danger.

AJ is mentally still a bit fragile and him and Whyte don't get along, so at least Whyte would try to stick it on him. Helenius will fiddle around until he gets caught and he'll go down and take his money.

Anyway I don't blame AJ, none of it is his fault but Whyte would've been a way better opponent that Helenius for many reasons.

Oh well, at least Helenius still has power and it's heavyweight boxing, so he has as good of a slim punchers chance as anyone else on that level.
    True That True That likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
      Eddie (9 months ago): Helenius is past his prime. Who wants to see that?
      Eddie (this morning): Helenius is a difficult fight for Joshua.
      Eddie a year ago: "Wilder has fighting Helenius. Chisora got robbed v Helenius"

Today: "Helenius is a good opponent, he beat Chisora"

gotta laugh at promoters, they all do it.

Comment

Helenius is tall and throws a right hand. A similar stance as Wilder with a softer touch and beard. I expect AJ to jab the crap out of him.
        True That True That likes this.

Comment

My grandpa would roll over in his grave at the state of boxing these days. This is so discouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
            Helenius wins by KO
            would that be great or what ? that would just make my day........ i can already imagine it Josh is on the canvas for the third time in two rounds. Then he gets up and starts running around the ring with the Finish flag everyone including him saying what a finish what a finish. Comedy is back in boxing again who needs Butterbean we got Eddie and Josh ......

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
              Well not many if any opponents to choose from on just 1 week from fight night. I’m just glad the card got saved and that the fights are still a go minus Whyte. I’ll take it, something is better than nothing. Then after this one the Joshua-Wilder fight will be made next.
              the obvious one is Hgrovic but that would ruin AJ - he'd take a hellacious battering win or lose

Hellenius was paid to take a lie down in the Wilder fight - I hope Matchroom are paying him accordingly

Comment

No issue with this. The bad guy is clown never-was-a-contender PED punching bag Whyte. Joshua should roll this guy, but this faded Joshua is so washed he is at risk of losing to anyone with a punch

Comment

You called it lol BigZ44

Comment

Helenius is a tomato can. I would rather have seen Otto Wallin step in as a replacement for Whyte. He would have given Joshua some good work. The goal is to get Joshua back to the top not keep him in the bottom. Makes me wonder what they want for Joshua’s career at this point.

Comment

I have waited until a replacement was announced.

I think Joshua should of fought Dempsey Mckean, although he is not the highest ranked fighter 'Stylistically he is a bit of a unknown quantity'.

Mckean is a undefeated super heavyweight, who does have some good fundamentals and semi-good power.

Helenius? Well the Wilder blasting him out performance has kind of overshadowed his actual abilities. Helenius is a good fighter, very capable.

But Helenius is a fighter how Joshua should be beating down, and winning against.

Anthony Joshua having a fight, is better than him not fighting. I still don't think Joshua should wade in there trying to get a knock-out, aim to dominate every section of the round in a systematic fashion 'If the knock-out comes, then it comes'.

Note: Helenius was a better fight for Wilder, and Joshua 'Than Chisora was for Fury'. Helenius is not semi-retired like Chisora was 'Helenius has actually beaten active fighters who were also not semi-retired. Pulev had been semi-retired by the time he fought Chisora etc.

PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X