Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bud beating Spence is equivalent to Floyd beating a 2009-2010 version of pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud beating Spence is equivalent to Floyd beating a 2009-2010 version of pacquaio?

As great as Floyd was, as great as his resume is, he just doesn’t have a single WIN of this caliber on his resume. He doesn’t have an all time great win against a great prime fighter. His resume is loaded with big names and great wins (which gives him a case for GOAT and TBE status) but if we really gonna dissect it, his biggest win against an absolute prime fighter remains to be Corrales.

A win of this magnitude, winning all the marbles against an undefeated fighter is equivalent to him beating an ATG in Pacquiao in 2009-2010 (or well in that case it might even be a bigger win.)

A lot of ATGS had a single ATG win in their resume, who was Floyd’s?

lol @ comparing Spence to prime Manny. Spence was a hype job.

Comment

I don't agree with this, Spence is nowhere near a prime Manny who was at the time being avoided like the plague back in his prime. Spence also isn't as big of a name as Pacquiao was back in 09-10, to tell you the truth none of the fighters that both Crawford and Spence beat are on the same level and popularity as those fighters who Pacquiao and Mayweather both beat during their time.

For me the previous generation of Mayweather and Pacquiao were a lot better than the current generation. It was more exciting back then and the quality was also better.
      Last edited by Bxzel145; 07-30-2023, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
        Mmmmm let's not change narratives here now

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
          I’m comparing the magnitude of wins I didn’t compare their level as fighters directly. Manny nor Floyd hadn’t beat a Spence level fighter in their welterweight runs.. so i guess they beat lesser hype jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bxzel145 View Post
            I don't agree with this, Spence is nowhere near a prime Manny who was at the time being avoided like the plague back in his prime. Spence also isn't as big of a name as Pacquiao was back in 09-10, to tell you the truth none of the fighters that both Crawford and Spence beat are on the same level and popularity as those fighters who Pacquiao and Mayweather both beat during their time.

For me the previous generation of Mayweather and Pacquiao were a lot better than the current generation. It was more exciting back then and the quality was also better.
            So who did Pacquiao or Floyd beat at welter would you rate higher than current spence and crawford?

I’m their biggest fan, but they didn’t beat guys like spence or crawford. Clottey cotto ortiz hatton judah algieri baldomir guerrero bradley bertoids. Best on the list is cotto and i don’t think he’d beat crawford or spence.

Comment

Pac roux would get hot

JMM took gin and his Kim to school

Comment

Both Manny and Floyd in their peaks, beat at least a dozen hall of famers or future hall of famers.

We don't even know if Spence will get inducted after last night. And that's considered Crawford's best win in his record.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                  Both Manny and Floyd in their peaks, beat at least a dozen hall of famers or future hall of famers.

We don't even know if Spence will get inducted after last night. And that's considered Crawford's best win in his record.
                  I’m their biggest fan, and I don’t know who they beat at welterweight that are better than crawford and spence. Care to name them?

of course that necessarily doesn’t mean crawford or spence are better/greater than floyd or manny.

Comment

JMM slept pac and jinky was held back

we all thought pac was dead

bud would kill pac easy

Comment

Working...
                    X