Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Jermall Charlo Frontrunner For Alvarez's September Fight, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlo is garbage. Shame on Canelo for taking on such a sh.it opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Hearn is a snake , he talks about 'safe' weights when it suits but was asking Bivol to come down to 168lbs a weight that Bivol has NEVER made as a pro.!
      Wasn't it Bivol who floated the idea of 168? I'm sure Canelo said "same weight" (175).

Comment

As much as I don't like this fight because of Charlo's inactivity I rather watch this than Canelo/Berlanga.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool story View Post

You wish fan boy
          charlo not that good
          Alvared isn't that good fanboy. why do you think that he keeps fighting euro plodder clowns. Jermall hasn't been in the ring in over two years, moving up in weight, is a better than clenelo and will win this fight. skills pays the bills

Comment

Fans always btching and moaning ffs bunch of women in here lol
            juggernaut666 juggernaut666 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
              First tried to dehydrate Badou Jack. Now fighting a guy who has not fought in 2 years. Anything to duck Benavidez. And I consider Canelo a better fighter than Benavidez.
              Same sentiments here. It has become impossible to defend Canelo because he is just blatantly ducking Benavidez at this point. It's shameful, particularly for someone as proud as Canelo. I've always insisted that Canelo would take apart Benavidez if they fought, but his recent behavior demonstrates that his team lacks confidence in that outcome. The entire boxing world wants him to defend the SMW titles against Benavidez, he's apparently received a substantial offer from Team Benavidez to fight, but he refuses to even mention Benavidez' name. The Badou Jack offer really exposed Canelo's intentions and I think his popularity is going to plummet beyond recovery if he fights anyone but David Benavidez next.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Charlo not AT his best but the thing IS Canelo ain't in his prime anymore either

This IS not going to be an easy fight for Canelo, Canelo could not stop Ryder and a shot GGG in his 2 last fights, so he's not koing Charlo who has a granit chin. Charlo has a good jab, reach, the fight will be close IMO

Say what you want but Nelo has balls.
                Given the landscape, this is anything but a ballsy move by Canelo. It's not Canelo's fault that Charlo has been MIA for two years, but he could have made much ballsier moves by fighting Bivol or Benavidez. He is pursuing a Charlo fight simply because its a name fighter who is beatable right now. I would not exaggerate and call this a cherry pick fight because Charlo is an excellent opponent who is natually bigger than Canelo (and could well beat him given Canelo's recent form), but Charlo is certainly being regarded by Team Canelo as a more winnable fight relative to Bivol or Benavidez.

Comment

I always said that Charlo, not Andrade would be on Canelo's short list. Charlo publicly calling on Andrade was a message to Canelo, "better send me a contract or I'll go somewhere else, I have options" Canelo knows that Charlo isn't fighting Andrade but he knows Charlo is more beatable than Bivol, Andrade or David B.

Comment

Spot on and worth repeating...

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Given the landscape, this is anything but a ballsy move by Canelo. It's not Canelo's fault that Charlo has been MIA for two years, but he could have made much ballsier moves by fighting Bivol or Benavidez. He is pursuing a Charlo fight simply because its a name fighter who is beatable right now. I would not exaggerate and call this a cherry pick fight because Charlo is an excellent opponent who is natually bigger than Canelo (and could well beat him given Canelo's recent form), but Charlo is certainly being regarded by Team Canelo as a more winnable fight relative to Bivol or Benavidez.

Comment

Interesting fight but Clenelo is gonna be huge. Charlo gets caught it is lights out

Comment

Working...
                      X