Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Unable To Reach Deal With Whyte, Exploring August Options For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Unable To Reach Deal With Whyte, Exploring August Options For Joshua

Eddie Hearn, promoter for former-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, indicates that he won't be able to reach a deal with Dillian Whyte for an August rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Call Jarell Miller.

I'm not even being funny. Miller doesn't hit very hard. Low risk, high profile fight that would sell.
    mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Whyte probably wanted Joshua to agree not to throw any uppercuts

Comment

The easiest fight Hearn can make is Hrgovic as he promotes both. Hearn won't make it as Hrgovic has a realistic chance of beating Joshua but his not doing a very good job with Hrgovic as he last fought in August 2022 and his career is been wasted away.
        MastaBlasta MastaBlasta Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Can't say that I'm disappointed. Get someone like Ajagba or Demirezen. Decent record but limited enough that AJ can likely get the win.

Comment

This is excellent news!! No more Whyte and Chisora! There are enough young, unbeaten heavyweights to consider.
            slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

I'm glad that Joshua is going to get a fight in before he fights Wilder, so that people can see his real progress under James, because when he fights Deontay, most of that probably won't be so clear. Wilder is such an awkward and dangerous fighter that the game plan used for a fight against him, takes most fighters out of what they are used to learning is the right way of boxing.

Comment

At least AJ was looking for a fight which is more than we can say about Fury or Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  Can't say that I'm disappointed. Get someone like Ajagba or Demirezen. Decent record but limited enough that AJ can likely get the win.
                  Exactly. Wilder-Joshua may be 3 years too late, but it can still be interesting. I love that Joshua realizes he needs more in ring work. Shows he is taking a realistic approach to why he has lost 3 of his last 5 fights. Buy no one that would upset the apple cart unless Joshua really craps the bed. Both your suggestion work. Either of those two will get a great payday and will at least be a challenge enough that no one can take the night off.

Comment

He mentioned Kabayal on the Boxing Social interview which is funny because he ridiculed that as an option for Fury.
                    Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X