No announcement yet.

I see chances of Usyk vs Wilder and Fury vs Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see chances of Usyk vs Wilder and Fury vs Joshua

I know some people would think that is ridiculous but hear me out. First, take in the following:
    1. Wilder and Finkel were in Saudi. Surely, they weren't interested in watching the boxing match.
    2. Saudi wants ALL the big fights to be in the kingdom, not just one or two. If all the fights that fans want to see happen in the kingdom, they have changed the landscape.
    3. Fury vs Usyk did not go ahead because of whatever reason, possibly Fury pricing himself out. But now that Fury has seen the alternative pot of money he can generate in the UK, he might be more inclined not to miss the bus a second time.
    4. Wilder isn't moving ahead with the Ruiz fight to become WBC mandatory.
    5. Eddie is close to the Saudis and so is team Usyk. Eddie also mentioned a "tournament" where Fury fights AJ and Wilder fights Usyk and the winner fights the winner. I believe this is something the Saudis may have called for.
    6. The biggest apparent hurdle is Usyk's mandatories. He is due to fight Dubois next and team Usyk has started negotiations too. But what if that can be changed? The WBA just elevated Wilder to their #1 rank which was earlier left vacant. Suppose Dubois is not put to the sideline...Usyk is happy because he gets money to fight Wider. Warren is happy because Fury fights AJ. The remaining problem is Dubois...he still needs to pass his medical exam to be allowed to fight. What if he does not pass? the next in line is Wilder and the problem gets solved.
    So, Usyk not accepting Fury's fight due to a rematch clause, Eddie telling us something big for summer, Wilder visiting the Kingdom along with Finkel, and Sheikh Chisora and Amer Abdullah being in the UK tells me that something is cooking. Whether or not it goes through is different as you can have someone being too greedy but all pieces are in motion to make it happen. Any further waiting and these big fights lose their steam.

What do you guys think?

I think AJ vs Fury is next too

Comment

Wilder was just promoted to WBA N.1. challenger. We will see. Maybe Dubois gets a step aside money. Dubois is still WBA mandatory.

To be honest, I see Wilder as semi retired guy that is not willing to fight anybody good. he must actually fight somebody better than Helenius to prove me wrong.
      crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Wilder was just promoted to WBA N.1. challenger. We will see. Maybe Dubois gets a step aside money. Dubois is still WBA mandatory.

To be honest, I see Wilder as semi retired guy that is not willing to fight anybody good. he must actually fight somebody better than Helenius to prove me wrong.
        Both AJ and Wilder lost to good technical boxers.

Since then, both have taken on lower opposition to "come back" in the game. Wilder did that in style, AJ not so much but they both won their next tailor-made fights. I think both realize they haven't got much more and any further loss could ruin their big paydays which they have delayed already and made less money-making than it might have been in 2020. Both AJ and Wilder would be looking to cash their potential big fights next without any further delay.

Comment

I think Wilder will want Joshua now. But needs to be built with two decent fights... namely...

Joshua v Whyte Wilder v Ruiz

Then you get Wilder v Joshua when they're both ready and the world wants it.

Usyk and Fury will have to fight at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            I think Wilder will want Joshua now. But needs to be built with two decent fights... namely...

Joshua v Whyte Wilder v Ruiz

Then you get Wilder v Joshua when they're both ready and the world wants it.

Usyk and Fury will have to fight at some point.

Neither Joshua vs Wilder nor Joshua vs Fury today is worth what it would have been 1-2 years back.

If any one of Joshua or Wilder loses in those fights you propose, then the big payday is gone. Even if they win and looked vulnerable, it diminishes the prospects. I believe they have to do it now or those fights will only go downhill from here. Besides, why would Joshua fight Whyte if there is much more money for a Fury fight? and the same goes for Wilder for Ruiz is a dangerous fight for anyone.

Comment

Fury is good with talking about fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

Neither Joshua vs Wilder nor Joshua vs Fury today is worth what it would have been 1-2 years back.

If any one of Joshua or Wilder loses in those fights you propose, then the big payday is gone. Even if they win and looked vulnerable, it diminishes the prospects. I believe they have to do it now or those fights will only go downhill from here. Besides, why would Joshua fight Whyte if there is much more money for a Fury fight? and the same goes for Wilder for Ruiz is a dangerous fight for anyone.
                If Fury wants a big fight then he's got one. He just needs to split some of the money. I don't see why he'd go to Joshua now. Why does he need Joshua?

As you say, the others aren't as big as they were but they can certainly be bigger than they are right now and they don't exactly have that many options left. Wilder beating Ruiz, AJ's upset victor, would be a big statement. And Joshua v Whyte will sell just for the pre-fight animosity. If they both came through that, and I'm sure they would, then Wilder v Joshua is a massive fight again. Especially with the prospect of one of them being mandatory to the WBC title - and after that chain of fights they would be.

Realistically, this could happen in July and December.

Obviously nothing that anyone wants ever happens, but it's a little glimpse of how good this division could be if the sport could get it's act together.

Comment

Wilder won’t have the balls to fight Usyk. Only reason he ever fought a live body is because he thought Fury was finished. And he kind of was

Comment

I hope so, almost sounds too good to be true. I also get the impression that Fury doesn't want to fight either Usyk or AJ, he seems to turn into an unreasonable clown whenever those fights become a possibility. We'll see where his head is at if AJ and Hearn are serious about pursuing that fight and try to start negotiations. The minute Fury starts putting out videos with unreasonable rants is confirmation that it won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X