Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Starts Slow, Batters Caleb Plant in Second Half For Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    Benavidez did what he had to do and clearly dominated the second half of the fight. Is he ready for Canelo or Bivol? Either fight would be interesting but I think Bivol may be a little too crafty.
    Both canelo and bivol smoke benavidez no doubt. They will not bend like fckn origamis 2nd half fight like plant did. You can be sure of that.
    Brettcappe Alan Smithee likes this.

Comment

• I got way too high and was way too sleepy by the time the fight concluded to offer any real commentary, but I will say now that I really admire David’s consistency with pressure; he’s second to none in that respect, but ultimately I still think he’s a mediocre boxer and Plant exposed him the first five rounds. Problem is, Plant gasses worse than anyone and he made the mistake in the second half of staying too close and clinching way too often. I was rooting for Plant, but the dude just didn’t have the pop or stamina needed to offset the pressure. So, congratulations to David; I hope he DOES get the Canelo fight because he has earned it, but I think Plant did more than enough to squash that boogeyman myth. He may bury Canelo, but the second he moves up to LHW, he’s toast.

Comment

• Benavidez fought two men in the ring. Replace Bayless with a decent ref and Plant would have been stopped. Terrible job by Bayless. Plant's holding was ridiculous.

Someone here said the other day, Plant is a warrior with incredible skill. I give Plant credit for taking a beating, but he is a runner holder who isn't in Benavidez's class.

Benavidez ends Canelo's career if they fight. But they won't because Canelo will probably retire after the Bivol rematch, or he will vacate instead of facing David.

Benavidez Bivol is a good fight. I think Benavidez wins but that is a close fight.

Biev likely beats Benavidez right now. But in a year or two, likely not. Benavidez is in his prime and will be for a good few years. He is the best pressure fighter in the sport after Biev right now.
        Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 03-26-2023, 10:11 AM.
        WamBamSam23 WamBamSam23 likes this.

Comment

• Plant will say he's hall of Fame now. This clown. Where's all the **** talking now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Had to miss the PPV so came in here to read the round-by-round.

Thanks to the solid posters like BigZ44 who always give a fair account of what is happening in the fight. They painted a good enough picture that I feel I at least have a basic idea of how things went.

I do wish there were less of the obviously biased clown posters who feel the need to be a groupie and give ridiculously one-sided scores for whoever their favorite is. The pro-Mexican and anti-Mexican trolls need to grow the fvck up.
            Yeah so styles make fights dude. Beterbiev beats both Canelo and Videz by knockout.

Comment

• Bayless the referee is god awful. But that aside, this is where you need an experienced trainer that isn't a slave to the fighter or isn't worried about his job been in jeopardy. That fight should have been stopped. Plant took a beating out there and it remains to be seen how that affects him moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

If Bayless is the ref, he ain't beating nobody
                LOL Haymon's biatch! .... pretty obvious with the holding and breaks he allowed Plant. Helped him survive.
                Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

• If not for Bayless, David would have gotten the stoppage.
                  Marvin Santiago Marvin S Regge Regge like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WamBamSam23 View Post
                    If not for Bayless, David would have gotten the stoppage.
                    No doubt about it.

Never seen such blatant corruption Bayless/pbc have an agenda it's clear to see on a weekly basis.

Bayless Is scum and should be arrested.
                    WamBamSam23 WamBamSam23 likes this.

Comment

• when the rounds were close at the start the people I was watching with were like Plant is winning and dominating. He wasn’t but I know that David was actually landing shots that had real impact. You seen it in the 4th when Plant started yapping trying to keep himself steady. It wasn’t gonna be long before he broke Plant down at that point. And by the 7th all Plant had was hanging on for dear life. David got a lot of good experience with how certain refs allow slick fighters so much stuff up. But I don’t think this changes anything with the Canelo fight—as in Canelo still won’t fight him.

Ginger headed fraudster isn’t a mover and a holder like Plant so David will not have to navigate that. He would be there to hit. And he also gases late, something David didn’t do. That’s where things get dicey. So nope, Canelo won’t fight him anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X