Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yordenis Ugas-Mario Barrios: WBC Orders Interim Welterweight Title Fight; Targeted For July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post

Ugas had moments of success against Spence by rocking him twice. But to be fair, Spence does tend to get rocked often as seen by Barrera, Lartey, Peterson, Porter, DSG and now Ugas. He doesn't have particularly the strongest chin so what's impressive is his ability to recover and adapt.

GNtSs2T.gif

About Pacquiao, the Filipino was already 42 years old, he pushed himself to the limits to climb eight divisions and had about 72 fights in the span of 26 years. It's not that insane that eventually he would succumb to the wear and tear on his body.
    Lmao u out to lunch. Spence has a granite chin. Evidenced by the fact he never been dropped even once in his career. What about ur hero dud? Dropped by bum machine kalvauskis and yurokis bumboa had him doing the Stanky leg lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Lmao u out to lunch. Spence has a granite chin. Evidenced by the fact he never been dropped even once in his career. What about ur hero dud? Dropped by bum machine kalvauskis and yurokis bumboa had him doing the Stanky leg lol.
      What about bud? I never claimed that he was never hurt, nor did I state that he beat better opposition. If anything, I am more of fan of Spence due to him being more stylistically entertaining and having actually fought top Welterweights at their prime.

Comment

WOW! The WBC sure likes themselves some Mario Barrios! Another title shot being lined up so soon! Well, let's see what Ugas has left in the tank?

Comment

Wbc = garbage

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
            How the Hell did Manny lose to a body bag like Ugas???
            42(?) years old, 2 year layoff.
            charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

42(?) years old, 2 year layoff.
              Despite the age, the gap in talent is still too wide for Manny to be losing to this body bag.

Comment

Not a bad fight between 2 contenders but adding the WBC silver belt is a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

he rocked Spence when Spence wasn’t paying attention.
                  It seems you watch more UFC than boxing. but there is something the ref tells the fighters in the locker room you probably haven't heard before. "Protect yourself at all times" look it up.

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  WOW! The WBC sure likes themselves some Mario Barrios! Another title shot being lined up so soon! Well, let's see what Ugas has left in the tank?
                  When did Barrios ever hold a WBC belt?

Last edited by Kannabis Kid; 03-17-2023, 04:54 PM.
                  charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Not an amazing fight, but certainly not bad. Think Ugas is too skilled and smart, he wins an 9-3/10-2 type fight

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                      It seems you watch more UFC than boxing. but there is something the ref tells the fighters in the locker room you probably haven't heard before. "Protect yourself at all times" look it up.

When did Barrios ever hold a WBC belt?

I’m not calling it a cheap shot. I’m not faulting Ugas in any way. Simply saying when he rocked Spence it wasn’t because of his talent, power, or technique. The simple fact that someone has to use that punch as some sort of evidence of Ugas’ ability in the ring kind of proves my point. Sorry to offend you though. You can hop back on his jock now.

Comment

Working...
                      X