Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yordenis Ugas-Mario Barrios: WBC Orders Interim Welterweight Title Fight; Targeted For July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

I think its about Ugas getting a comeback fight, he was badly beaten up and may not ever be the same, I don't mind the fight but it shouldn't be for no titles even though interim is nothing much at all.
    Agreed neither man is deserving, idk why WBC/WBA have rankings. They never make sense and will slap a belt on anyone.
    garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

The wbc is turning into the wba with this interim garbage, another joke.
      JakeNDaBox JakeNDaBox likes this.

Comment

Another "who cares" fight. Guess it would be a decent fight if not for the phony title attached.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I think it's too early to compare Barrios to Soto-Karass. Barrios is 27, so he still has time. Karass was a durable journeyman who made for entertaining fights. Who's to say that Barrios will have the same motivation to keep fighting if he keeps losing?
          True, but in between loses Soto had a few wins. He stopped Berto and it gave him a few more years. Plus he was brave to take those fights and Barrios looks like he just as brave.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            Barrios, best known for his losses. How does he get a title shot?
            I have no idea ugas to he should not get an immediate interim title shot after a brutal loss he's also coming of a eye Injury it's sad

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
              If Ugas is shot considering his age and Spence's record of ruining fighters, Mario Barrios could potentially win.

Ugas also tends to be inconsistent throughout his fights, he can beat top contenders like he did by losing a split decision to Shawn Porter, beating a faded Pacquiao and gave an account of himself by putting a good fight with Errol Spence.

but at the same time gives supbar performances against the lower echelon. Like he did with Imam, Ramos, James, and Figueroa Jr.
              He did not give a good account of himself v Spence. I do not think Ugas is a very good fighter. I can’t understand how even an aged Pacquiao lost to him. Crazy.

Comment

How the Hell did Manny lose to a body bag like Ugas???
                charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

He did not give a good account of himself v Spence. I do not think Ugas is a very good fighter. I can’t understand how even an aged Pacquiao lost to him. Crazy.
                  Ugas had moments of success against Spence by rocking him twice. But to be fair, Spence does tend to get rocked often as seen by Barrera, Lartey, Peterson, Porter, DSG and now Ugas. He doesn't have particularly the strongest chin so what's impressive is his ability to recover and adapt.

GNtSs2T.gif

About Pacquiao, the Filipino was already 42 years old, he pushed himself to the limits to climb eight divisions and had about 72 fights in the span of 26 years. It's not that insane that eventually he would succumb to the wear and tear on his body.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 03-16-2023, 10:13 PM.
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

lmao. Ugas is ELITE. Probably the 2nd best WW after Errol spence. Dud duckford? Nope. There a reason he don’t mention Ugas name. Him and bomac know. Don’t believe me? Go watch the 2 fights they had in the amateurs. Ugas”s style is a NIGHTMARE for dud. Same reason pacquaio had problems with him. Ugas is extremely intelligent and very skilled. His early career losses were more due to adjusting to his defection from Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post

Ugas had moments of success against Spence by rocking him twice. But to be fair, Spence does tend to get rocked often as seen by Barrera, Lartey, Peterson, Porter, DSG and now Ugas. He doesn't have particularly the strongest chin so what's impressive is his ability to recover and adapt.

GNtSs2T.gif

About Pacquiao, the Filipino was already 42 years old, he pushed himself to the limits to climb eight divisions and had about 72 fights in the span of 26 years. It's not that insane that eventually he would succumb to the wear and tear on his body.
                      he rocked Spence when Spence wasn’t paying attention.
                      LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X