Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yordenis Ugas-Mario Barrios: WBC Orders Interim Welterweight Title Fight; Targeted For July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLC View Post

I’m not calling it a cheap shot. I’m not faulting Ugas in any way. Simply saying when he rocked Spence it wasn’t because of his talent, power, or technique. The simple fact that someone has to use that punch as some sort of evidence of Ugas’ ability in the ring kind of proves my point. Sorry to offend you though. You can hop back on his jock now.
    Lol there is a post in this same thread that literally shows multiple times that Spence was rocked by lesser fighters lmao was he not looking then?

Lame ass excuse from a lame ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      Lol there is a post in this same thread that literally shows multiple times that Spence was rocked by lesser fighters lmao was he not looking then?

Lame ass excuse from a lame ass.
      Im not trying to make a point of how great Spence is. Im only explaining why I think Ugas is not very good. And someone saying “well he rocked Spence” as the proof of his ability is kinda ironic because when he “rocked” Spence it wasn’t because of his skill or power. It’s really that simple. I don’t care how many other “lesser” fighters rocked Spence when Spence was paying attention. Matter of fact it proves my point. Ugas COULDN’T rock him when he was paying attention cuz Ugas is not very good.

Comment

Im not trying to make a point of how great Spence is. Im only explaining why I think Ugas is not very good. And someone saying “well he rocked Spence” as the proof of his ability is kinda ironic because when he “rocked” Spence it wasn’t because of his skill or power. It’s really that simple. I don’t care how many other “lesser” fighters rocked Spence when Spence was paying attention. Matter of fact it proves my point. Ugas COULDN’T rock him when he was paying attention cuz Ugas is not very good.
        Lol sounds like one big excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          Lol sounds like one big excuse.
          Lol. Excuse for what ? Sounds like you’re not very intelligent.

Comment

Lol. Excuse for what ? Sounds like you’re not very intelligent.
            Sounds like you are good at making excuses as to why someone got rocked and hit clean in a boxing fight where rules are clearly stated before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post
              If Ugas is shot considering his age and Spence's record of ruining fighters, Mario Barrios could potentially win.

Ugas also tends to be inconsistent throughout his fights, he can beat top contenders like he did by losing a split decision to Shawn Porter, beating a faded Pacquiao and gave an account of himself by putting a good fight with Errol Spence.

but at the same time gives supbar performances against the lower echelon. Like he did with Imam, Ramos, James, and Figueroa Jr.
              I'd not count figueroa's as a subpar performance. He completely outclassed and dominated him. The others, yes.
              El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
                How the Hell did Manny lose to a body bag like Ugas???
                You didn't see the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Despite the age, the gap in talent is still too wide for Manny to be losing to this body bag.
                  He did loss, without controversy, he got beat up.

Comment

You seem to forgot that right before that lapsus, Ugas landed two right hands that made spence stumbled, it wasn't like he just forgot he was in a fight. And he was rocked in the third or fourth round too. He was the old spence in that fight, he trained to throw punches non stop, to the body, head, arms. It was a beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

I'd not count figueroa's as a subpar performance. He completely outclassed and dominated him. The others, yes.
                      I disagree. He was an underdog against Jamal James and won 8-2. Ramos? He beat him easily. Doubled him up in punches landed. Imam of course, but that was before Ugas's resurgence.

Comment

Working...
                      X