Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I'm in My Peak Years - The Time To Beat Beterbiev is Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I'm in My Peak Years - The Time To Beat Beterbiev is Now!

Light heavyweight contender Callum Smith was a very interested observer in last Saturday's fight between Artur Beterbiev and Anthony Yarde. Beterbiev retained his WBC, IBF, WBO world titles with an eight round stoppage of Yarde.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What's this, a rerun of Colgate Comedy Hour?
    nikobg nikobg likes this.

Comment

Callum Smith was supposed to be too big for Canelo the pumped up light middleweight. Instead he was trapped against the ropes for 12 rounds, his shoulder was punched in, he just went into survival mode. Beterbiev is too strong for career light heavies, let alone ex super middleweights. Does he have the power to cause an upset? Absolutely. Though I think it more likely that he gets backed up to the ropes and beaten into submission. Beterbiev is stronger than Canelo and hits harder and when things aren’t going to plan he changes it up. Unlike Canelo who does the same thing like he did against Bivol, no plan B.

Comment

Why the cynicism? He is a contender. Another respectable name on Beterbiev's record - but we'll have to endure the atrocious British hype. I suppose people will just think 'if he couldn't beat Canelo then what chance does he have here?' That's true but they still need to fight.

Comment

This guy got his ass handed to him by little clenelo alvaroid, Beterbiev will murder him.
          Superbee Superbee Kzbox Kzbox like this.

Comment

Was i the only one who thinks his display vs Canelo was damn right pathetic? looked like a rookie in there first time watching him fight and after that i don't see him doing **** to beterbiev or bivol.

Comment

Enough with that pointless fights, give us Bivol - Beterbiev. Both guys beat everybody else in division.

Comment

maybe try and avenge the Ryder loss first?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  maybe try and avenge the Ryder loss first?
                  He has never fought Ryder

Comment

If the Bivol fight doesn't come thru, wouldn't mind seeing this one. Smith is a good fighter, but the way Canelo pressured him for most of their fight and with how small he is(we know Canelo is Canelo), it's hard to see him lasting with Beterbiev, who is much bigger and stronger than Canelo while also being very technically skilled. Smith can crack so who knows what could happen, but that's why they fight the fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X