Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Goes Down Three Times, But Blasts Out Kevin Lerena in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad stoppage, UK refs make me sick

Comment

Dubois quit in the first round, not sure how the ref didn't stop it
      Jkp Jkp DaddyGringo DaddyGringo like this.

Comment

I watched the replay on Youtube just now but the sound was out of sync.

2 questions:
        Did the first round have 9 or 10 seconds remaining when the bell rang?

How much time was their remaining in the round when the ref waved it off??
        Honest Honest likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post

It didn't look like he was caught or in trouble from his head, it looked like he messed his knee up and was struggle to put weight on it when throwing, hence the knee with no contact. His trainer said they aren't allowed to strap it so avoid throwing a hook. sideways twisting seems to be the problem. possibly a ligament?
          The first shot was clearly on top of his head. It's on video go watch. He might've damaged it after he did the stanky leg but it was definitely a punch that started it all, a left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            I watched the replay on Youtube just now but the sound was out of sync.

2 questions:
            Did the first round have 9 or 10 seconds remaining when the bell rang?

How much time was their remaining in the round when the ref waved it off??
            1) Yeah, I thought so
            2) The bell had just rang, so 0:00 I guess

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

1) Yeah, I thought so
              2) The bell had just rang, so 0:00 I guess
              well, that's total crap then

Comment

Biggest missed opportunity EVER for Lerena. That round two was a pathetic display after having a dude hurt and down three times. I bet he regrets that round for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  The first shot was clearly on top of his head. It's on video go watch. He might've damaged it after he did the stanky leg but it was definitely a punch that started it all, a left hand.
                  No doubt he was caught, but it didn't seem too bad. Must have been enough to mek him take that stanky leg step you menioned and twisted his knee in the process...
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

There was some strange business going on with the ref end the bell. I would say that they were trying to cheat Larena but I think Larena didn't want to win so I don't feel bad for him. I mean after this fight I don't care about Larena and I don't want to see him fight again. Dubois was clearly in trouble with something wrong in the leg and Larena did absolutely nothing. Basically he just waited for Dubois to get comfortable and then he got knocked out.
                    SinderellaMan SinderellaMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                      Biggest missed opportunity EVER for Lerena. That round two was a pathetic display after having a dude hurt and down three times. I bet he regrets that round for the rest of his life.
                      Or, he was warned by "them" :

"WTF is you doin?? We told you to lose!"

Comment

Working...
                      X