Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Franklin robbed or a close fight that could have went either way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't score it but I got the sense watching a lot of Franklin's work was landing on arms and gloves and I don't think he hurt Whyte all night.

A solid jab from Whyte felt like an equivalent 3 punch assault by Franklin where maybe one was a cuffing shot. There was a lot of that.

Equally it is what you like. Whyte was outworked for stretches.

I dunno it is weird one. You just expect heavies to cause damage. If I scored it round by round maybe I might have the yank. Whyte can't hold a huge shot but he wasn't too fussed by Franklin.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-28-2022, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Didn’t watch it tbh and seeing conflicting reports. How did you score it?
      Conflicting reports because it's NSB.

Maestre / Fox goes close, Maestre gets the W, NSB screams robbery because of Fox's flashy moves despite doing no damage.

Canelo / Golovkin 1 goes close, judges rule it a draw, NSB screams robbery because of one bad scorecard.

Spence / Porter goes close, Porter gets dropped which clearly seals it for Spence, NSB screams robbery because of Porter's ineffective aggression.

Choco / Rungvisai goes close, Choco gets dropped which clearly seals it for Rungvisai, NSB screams robbery because of headbutts (orthodox vs. southpaw).

Pacquiao / Horn goes close, Horn gets the W because he's bullying Manny in 8 of the rounds, NSB screams robbery because of ONLY Round 9.

Porter / Ugas goes close, Porter gets the W, NSB screams robbery because Porter was way too tentative and got countered at points.

Truth is, NONE of the ones above were robberies. They were close contested fights where giving it to either guy would be fine.

The only recent real robberies I can think of:

Barrios / Akhmedov. Which NSB didn't think was a robbery, but it very clearly was.

Wilder / Fury 1, which for some reason NSB was split about despite it obviously not being the right call AND there's simply no way Wilder won more than 3 rounds at most
      ​​​​​​
      I'll give you Broner / Santiago.

And that one fight during the pandemic where something happened, they took like 20 minutes acting like they were reviewing something to override whatever decision only to find out they weren't, Bob Arum cussing... can't remember what fight.

EDIT: Moloney / Franco 2, 2020. Moloney was CLEARLY beating that man, Franco's eye closes, fight gets called in the 3rd, no contest due to headbutts as the cause (Russell Mora) , Nevada commissioner and THREE REFEREES are reviewing footage for 26 MINUTES while the fighters are just standing there. Meanwhile, the commentators are confused and replays show multiple times, multiple angles, with absolutely no headbutts to that eye seen. All four, the commissioner and the refs, claim to see a headbutt that was not there on that side. It was actually a thumb to the eye, which if stopped, might be a DQ if intentional, but it didn't look like it.

Comment

You’re one incredibly sad little man.
        LOL, coward, knew you wouldn't be able to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

LOL, coward, knew you wouldn't be able to admit it.

Keep lecturing other posters about me you obsessive little weirdo.

None of them are listening to a troll like you anyway.

Comment

Keep lecturing other posters about me you obsessive little weirdo.

None of them are listening to a troll like you anyway.
            But you are aren't you Ron?

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

But you are aren't you Ron?

​​​​
              Yeah I’m clearly the one trolling here. You’re unhealthily obsessed.

Comment

Working...
              X