Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer will DAZN last?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday-sayers predicting nonsensical predictions. Don't know why these guys are making themselves look foolish. DAZN is the future. Boxing will stay. Boxing actually made their brand bigger.

They will come back bigger and smarter because they gained better grasp of the mechanics of the sport, as crazy as it is. Mr Eddie Hearn will never go away. Hehe... eggs will fall flat on your faces, you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
      Doomsday-sayers predicting nonsensical predictions. Don't know why these guys are making themselves look foolish. DAZN is the future. Boxing will stay. Boxing actually made their brand bigger.

They will come back bigger and smarter because they gained better grasp of the mechanics of the sport, as crazy as it is. Mr Eddie Hearn will never go away. Hehe... eggs will fall flat on your faces, you'll see.
      “DAZN is the future”

LOL WHAT? They’re losing money with every PPV. They grossly overestimated how much revenue Canelo would bring them.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Their latest accounts showed losses of 1.3 billion. Len Blatvanik had to inject over 4 billion of his own cash as part of a recapitalisation strategy to help clear debts.

Based on the reported payouts to Canelo-GGG, they very likely lost money on that fight too.
        Yeah. I heard about that 1.3 billion. Ultimately, the issue is the same: Boxing is a niche sport, and when you are nothing but a boxing platform (no futbol, golf, tennis, etc.), then there's no way to make it profitable.

But we'll see. I'm praying that DAZN succeeds, for all our sake. Anyone who loves boxing wants to see everyone do well.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Eddie Hearn is already trying to secure the Bivol vs Canelo rematch. Talk about DAZN disappearing soon.

It's all fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT97 View Post
            I give it 2 years.
            I don't see them leaving anytime soon. Look at how long Triller is hanging around.

Comment

Their latest accounts showed losses of 1.3 billion.

The US/UK ventures have been about as successful as ***** trying to invade Ukraine. A colossal waste of time, money and effort for little progress.
              You measure success one way. It's not the way most digital disruptors measure success. If they did then we wouldn't have Uber, Afterpay, Amazon, Facebook, Google...

That might be why these people are in this line of business and you're not

There's been plenty of progress. Subscriber growth and retention rates will their biggest measures at this point. I'm certain of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT97 View Post
                I give it 2 years.
                How long is a piece of string?

Comment

Their latest accounts showed losses of 1.3 billion. Len Blatvanik had to inject over 4 billion of his own cash as part of a recapitalisation strategy to help clear debts.

Based on the reported payouts to Canelo-GGG, they very likely lost money on that fight too.
                  That’s more realistic than them making money on that sparring feast last Saturday

Comment

Wouldn't mind DAZN and PBC got shot down, there would be less fighters avoiding each other.

Too bad it seems highly unlikely.

Comment

Probably longer than your new alt.
                      REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X