Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Golovkin III Generated 1.06 Million 'Worldwide' Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

B-b-b- DAZN wuz fixin' two take ova 'Murika. Ya'll told us eddie waz a silver tung fox that wuz fixin' to make more cash than a fly on a pigs ass. Now ya'll pissin a hissy fit with a tail on it. Now that just dills me pickle. Him told us PPV was deader than hog on a farmers table. Had me drunker than cooter brown widda soder pop.-- every imbred imbecile in 'Murika
    I venture to say Eddie Hearn has a nicer house
    than you

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
      That’s TRASH considering how low the price of the PPV was in countries outside the US.

DAZN and Eddie FAILED big time no matter how much they try and spin this. Eddies in the mud
      Pricing was about standard in Australia.

Was it cheaper elsewhere? Canada, NZ?

Comment

Not good news for Canelo haters. Lol
        Shranaploya Shranaploya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          No way to slice it, that’s a bad number for this fight.
          With what both fighters are getting paid they took a bath on this one.
          Doubt the PPV upside was that much.
          Seems like ever since HBO got out of boxing it’s been tough for these other promoters to sell a big PPV event. Seemed the HBO hype machine was the best at getting these guys over with the casuals.
          First post I’ve read so far that tells the truth. These are not good numbers, the US buy rate was lower than the plant fight by hundreds of thousands. Dazn lost money on this one. That’s what happens when you take a sound loss ans then cherry pick an old past it opponent.

Comment

Why is this a disappointment, is money from other countries not count? Can you not purchase things with French money, U.K money, European money? It all goes in the bank the same way, money was made, this not including the Network rights that Networks in others countries pay in order to show the fight on their platform, not to mention sponsors, and the gate which was reported around 10 to 11 million, so enlightened me how this is not a success, people don't understand that boxing is a global sport, and everyone gets caught up on the U.S PPV numbers, but in every fight through out history, the real money comes from tv rights along with other factors, that's why people get confused about the purses in boxing, people always say, that guy made 20 million on there was only 500k in PPV buys, they lost money, no they didn't, revenue streams in boxing come from a lot more places than PPV. One last thing, pay attention to the UFC PPV buys, people always think that their PPV numbers are just in the U.S, but if you pay close attention when they release the numbers, it always, always states, that they are global buys, but no one pays attention to that.
            kafkod kafkod likes this.

Comment

Very good numbers for DAZN and everyone involved in the fight, they surely won’t be complaining at that even if they themselves would of liked higher numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

B-b-b- DAZN wuz fixin' two take ova 'Murika. Ya'll told us eddie waz a silver tung fox that wuz fixin' to make more cash than a fly on a pigs ass. Now ya'll pissin a hissy fit with a tail on it. Now that just dills me pickle. Him told us PPV was deader than hog on a farmers table. Had me drunker than cooter brown widda soder pop.-- every imbred imbecile in 'Murika
                “I don’t know why Americans want to pay more for boxing”….remember that and like posts?
                ”PPV is dead”
                ”$80 is too much for boxing, we only pay £35 in the U.K. dazn wants to take the prices down”

Remember all these sorts of statements by the junior snake oil salesmen? The incel sycophants who insulted Americans day in and day out for not lockstepping with Edward Hearn?

notice we don’t hear the slogans anymore…
                _Rexy_ _Rexy_ richardt richardt like this.

Comment

I used to support DAZN and thought their subscription was OK when it included big fights and some other good fights, but I have gone sour on them. Before the fight, I thought the subscription included all fights including this one. When I found out it wasn't.....I said FK DAZN and Hearn and I got even. Simple:

I happily streamed this fight for free because I already paid for the damn subscription some time back which was supposed to include all fights! They should have never agreed to heaps of money to Diva Canelo and Diva GGG! Crawford vs Spence IS the type of fight that is worthy of PPV. Two high caliber fighters at their best.

Back to DAZN, I got my money's worth between the fights on subscription coupled with the free streams for the DAZN PPV. It was a win/win for me cause ultimately I got to flip the finger to DAZN and Hearn with the free stream of their PPV fights.
                  Last edited by richardt; 09-21-2022, 04:15 PM.
                  buge buge Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Why would Canelo coming off a loss vs someone he fought twice already who is old and looked his age in recent fights generate more buys than when Canelo was younger fighting the boogeyman Golovkin which was a new megafight with intrigue?

Comment

... but Gervonta Davis is a star and 150K people watched him on ppv and the ppv heavyweights can pull in 50K on FOX and Showtime ..

Why would Canelo only want to be watched by a million on ppv as no one watches DAZN ?? oh oh I get it they are not black American viewers I forgot the PBC is racist ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X