Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Golovkin III Generated 1.06 Million 'Worldwide' Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verus View Post

It probably was a disappointment. I think the days of the 1 million plus PPV buys are pretty much over. I don't blame the fighters for grabbing as much cash as possible because they are the ones who generate the money for everyone else to share. Boxing is a niche sport in this country with a dwindling fan base.
    Canelo just had 800k buys with a nobody like plant. Imagine if that was Benavidez or Charlo. It'll break 1 million easy

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

Canelo just had 800k buys with a nobody like plant. Imagine if that was Benavidez or Charlo. It'll break 1 million easy
      Canelo is probably the only one at this time who can break 1 million PPV buys and that is only under the right circumstances. The real question is can Charlo vs Benavidez break 1 million, or will Spence vs Crawford break 1 million? Can anyone else break 1 million? Unless boxing suddenly develops a broader fan base it is doubtful. Another question is who, if anyone, will be the next PPV "cash cow" when Canelo retires. My guess is Canelo might be the last one.

Comment

Wow! Yes! This is great for Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

Plant fight was for being undisputed u dumba$$. That's why it made 800k PPV. If Canelo fought Plant for one belt, fight wouldn't pass 500k.

Bumavidez hasn't any belt. Bumdrade moved up to 168 and vacated his belts at 160 because of Janibek. Charla is semi-retired. YDKSAB like always.

Comment

Working...
          X