Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Golovkin III Generated 1.06 Million 'Worldwide' Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
    "B-b-b-but DAZN need tuh FIRE Eddie cuz he be losin' dem money for every fight. Pay Puh View dead. Dey bouts to go out of business doe!" -every other fucktard on NSB

Go back to what you were doing.
    Eddie himself said PPV was dead. Lol

In any case, 600k buys at 84.99 (being most aggressive as some actual subscribers paid less, and it probably didn’t do 600 in USA would be 51 million.

not sure what the price point for PPV is outside of USA but if it’s the same price the whole fight generated 90 million. Maybe it’s a little less and only generated 80 million. Still, that’s a good profit for DAZN and I’m sure they’ll take those numbers with a smile.

Channel still sucks though. I was an early subscriber but I’ve been without it for about a year now. When they have big fights I have no problems doing PPV, but their normal boxing content isn’t worth the monthly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

Eddie himself said PPV was dead. Lol

In any case, 600k buys at 84.99 (being most aggressive as some actual subscribers paid less, and it probably didn’t do 600 in USA would be 51 million.

not sure what the price point for PPV is outside of USA but if it’s the same price the whole fight generated 90 million. Maybe it’s a little less and only generated 80 million. Still, that’s a good profit for DAZN and I’m sure they’ll take those numbers with a smile.

Channel still sucks though. I was an early subscriber but I’ve been without it for about a year now. When they have big fights I have no problems doing PPV, but their normal boxing content isn’t worth the monthly fee.
      Just because Eddie said PPV was dead, doesn't mean anything. Since when does anybody hang on to Hearn's words, or any promoter's words, for that matter. He's since stepped foot in the PPV waters. It's just the way it is. When you don't have access to something or you're slated to do bad in it, of course one would say such a thing.

He gained subscribers from his initial "We're different from all other streaming services" declaration- I was one of them, though the app sucked badly early on.

I just see people clowning Eddie and hoping Canelo fails...all while watching the shows they put on and commenting on it. So many were happy about the 500k this morning and by early afternoon we're looking at 1.06M worldwide- and those same people are ducking and deflecting. Lol
      JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

WTF is with the first post? It's not even in the article. Looks like a fat Dan quote.

Comment

Dazn with a pathetic attempt to try and make this failure seem like it was some sort of a global success by trying to solely promote the global buy rate and mentioning social media/tik tok activity. This was a bust when you take into account the purses of the fighters and that the world wide buy rate was less than just the US buy rates alone for either of the first 2 fights. 500-550k US buy rate is only half of what the rematch generated and almost 1/3 of the initial match.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Dazn with a pathetic attempt to try and make this failure seem like it was some sort of a global success by trying to solely promote the global buy rate and mentioning social media/tik tok activity. This was a bust when you take into account the purses of the fighters and that the world wide buy rate was less than just the US buy rates alone for either of the first 2 fights. 500-550k US buy rate is only half of what the rematch generated and almost 1/3 of the initial match.

pretty sure the fight made them millions in profit. I don’t think that’s a failure. It’s a step in the right direction for them actually. but it’s a long ways off from what they said they would be when the thing first started, which is why I no longer subscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
              Fake numbers let’s see what Nielsen has to say lmao. No one bought that garbage
              Unfortunately I did. It was a blatant “let me just go 12 rounds and not get beat up too bad” cash grab by GGG, and Canelo wasn’t much better.
              nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

PPV buy rates will always be lower for app purchase PPV instead of cable based. Older generation, which make a big chunk of ppv buys, are not app savvy enough to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  PPV buy rates will always be lower for app purchase PPV instead of cable based. Older generation, which make a big chunk of ppv buys, are not app savvy enough to purchase.
                  How could you make such a statement without proof? You may want to speak for yourself here.

Comment

And I'm sure many of those people wish they could get their money back!
                    Last edited by richardt; 09-21-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

That’s TRASH considering how low the price of the PPV was in countries outside the US.

DAZN and Eddie FAILED big time no matter how much they try and spin this. Eddies in the mud

Comment

Working...
                      X