Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Blair Cobbs: I Showed That I Have More To Give To The Sport of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    So many people hate on cobbs .

but your favorite fighter dont want that work
    Just facts.. Cobbs would give these dudes problems when he fights at this style and pace.. I like Cobbs over Benn, Benn is all fluff beating up scrubs like Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      I look at Hooker as being as good as anybody Benn has fought. All of them are blown up light weights, or stale and past their due date, leftovers. Benn is still in the kiddy side of the pool. I'm not saying he's no good, but the sharks are waitng.
      Hooker better then anyone Benn has beat!! That’s not even up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        One thing I noticed last night during the fight, after one of the more damaging headbutts Cobbs suffered, the ref asked him some questions to see if he could continue.

Blair was well ahead on the cards and Hooker was settling in and landing punches at that point. He could have let it be stopped and go to the cards but he wanted to fight.

Hats off to Blair. He wanted that fight.
        the ringside doctor even told Cobbs.. you don’t have to continue, we can end the fight right now, Cobbs said no I got something I wanna let the game know!!

Same scabs running his name hatin like ol alchy Spence, don’t even have the self respect to give the man his kudos now.
        PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post

the ringside doctor even told Cobbs.. you don’t have to continue, we can end the fight right now, Cobbs said no I got something I wanna let the game know!!

Same scabs running his name hatin like ol alchy Spence, don’t even have the self respect to give the man his kudos now.
          I always liked Cobbs, he has an incredible story and he's managed to claw his way into relevancy. I usually don't enjoy alot of bravado and over the top antics but Cobbs schtick has never bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by Romi64 View Post

You can’t be serious. Are you guys on the same stuff Hooker was on? Hearn is screaming for Thurman and Thurman doesn’t want it. Cobbs would be a major step down for Benn. He’d be life and death with Benn’s last 5 opponents. Give him a 30’ ring and Cobbs still doesn’t make it out of rd 3. Benn legit 6-10. Cobbs not even top 30. Total mismatch.
            Cobbs would be a step down only from names Benn has called out. Cobbs is more proven than Conor Benn as of right now.

Comment

Cobbs needs to stfu and let his boxing do the talking
              I’m sure he would get much more respect and recognition
              Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Until he fights one of
                Ekow Essuman - British title or
                David Aveneseyan - European title
                Conor Benn needs to STFU

Comment

Blair got the hell headbutted out of him and never complained. Was getting hit after the bell and never complained. Kept getting rabbit punched and never complained.

He’s a true fighter in that he just wants to fight and he’s not scared of anyone.

Comment

Eddie - are you really acting like your boy has such star quality he doesn't need to win British & European titles? Memo to Eddie. Honeyghan did it. Jones did it. Laing was champion & in terms of skills, those guys are at a completely different level to Conor Benn.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                      Asking myself after this fight, "was Hooker ever any good"? So many flaws seemed to stand out against Cobb.
                      In my opinion he was a decent title holder but no more. He had some good wins against Flanagan and Saucedo. At 140, he had the length and power that made him a tough matchup. He didn't always look sharp, he probably should have lost the decision against Darleys Perez (he looked terrible). Him boiling down to 140 wasn't sustainable and he's too slight of build for the proper welterweights.

He looked absolutely terrible against Cobbs but I think alot of that had to do with his mental state going into that fight.
                      steeve steel steeve steel likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X