Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Blair Cobbs: I Showed That I Have More To Give To The Sport of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mo Hooker needed to Retire 2 Fights Ago but for Cobb this was must win and he got it done vs a Known Name at least

I like Cobb, that personality is needed in boxing, NO I don't think he is Top 10 after beating Mo Hooker especially not in that stacked 147 Division but it is plenty of matchups I would love to see him in
    4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      Blair got the hell headbutted out of him and never complained. Was getting hit after the bell and never complained. Kept getting rabbit punched and never complained.

He’s a true fighter in that he just wants to fight and he’s not scared of anyone.
      big FACTS!!

don’t forget dude came in THREE pounds overweight and didn’t even care to be apologetic about it

Comment

Conor Ben should fight this guy. Thurman is Old and past his prime who struggled with Barrios, who lost to a 135 pound midget.

Comment

Let's make Blair Cobbs vs. Gillie da Kidd, or Meek Mills. With his skill level, those are both good fights for Blair the Flair. Throw Charlie Z in the mix. Then the Winner of that round robin gets to face department of corrections own, Officer Ricky Ross for the Ringling Brothers wack ass hands clown championship of the world
          Last edited by archiemoore1; 08-08-2022, 02:36 AM.
          TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            Cobb looked pretty good last night. I think it's about over for Hooker though.
            Maurice Hooker embarrassed himself and TC. I haven't seen a former champion look that shot since SRL fought Camacho.
            jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Blair 'The Flair' Cobb, deserves a standing ovation for his gritty, and valiant win over Maurice 'Over Weight/Head Butt' Hooker.
              I mean Hooker couldn't find more way's to cheat in their fight, he looked a division or two heavier than Cobb, and still found it necessary to fight dirty.
              Blair fought like a true warrior, dropping his over sized opponent dropping him three times, and would've stopped him if Hooker didn't have such a weight advantage.
              Cobb showed gut's, and enviable determination in this fight, but his last two fights will probably shorten his career by a couple of years.
              That said he still deserves a tall salute for the fighting heart he displayed in this particular fight, he proved that he's not only a loud mouth, but a fighter to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                Conor Ben should fight this guy. Thurman is Old and past his prime who struggled with Barrios, who lost to a 135 pound midget.
                Cobbs is 32, Turman 33. Born in '89 and '88.

Thurman no longer in his prime yes, and Cobbs still developing, but I think Thurman nevertheless would be a good gate keeper for Benn. Cobbs is no former champ, thus irrelevant for Hearn. Benn will be protected until Crawford and Spence have fought x2 and moved up to 154. Hearn won't even let him risk it fighting for the British and European title. Benn might eventually leave boxing not having won a single title.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

In my opinion he was a decent title holder but no more. He had some good wins against Flanagan and Saucedo. At 140, he had the length and power that made him a tough matchup. He didn't always look sharp, he probably should have lost the decision against Darleys Perez (he looked terrible). Him boiling down to 140 wasn't sustainable and he's too slight of build for the proper welterweights.

He looked absolutely terrible against Cobbs but I think alot of that had to do with his mental state going into that fight.
                  Maybe I just remembered him to be more solid technically. I guess I missed obvious flaws like poor footwork, squaring up, bit slow and porous defence.
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                    Blair 'The Flair' Cobb, deserves a standing ovation for his gritty, and valiant win over Maurice 'Over Weight/Head Butt' Hooker.
                    I mean Hooker couldn't find more way's to cheat in their fight, he looked a division or two heavier than Cobb, and still found it necessary to fight dirty.
                    Blair fought like a true warrior, dropping his over sized opponent dropping him three times, and would've stopped him if Hooker didn't have such a weight advantage.
                    Cobb showed gut's, and enviable determination in this fight, but his last two fights will probably shorten his career by a couple of years.
                    That said he still deserves a tall salute for the fighting heart he displayed in this particular fight, he proved that he's not only a loud mouth, but a fighter to the core.
                    Cobbs is entertaining primarily because he is so comically bad. I predicted that he would beat Hooker on pure athleticism, but that's about his limit. If he fights anybody better, he will get Rocha'd again. Cobbs is a gatekeeper at WW. By that I do not at all mean that he separates 1st tier fighters from the rest, but rather that he can be used to separate legitimate contenders from people who should immediately retire.
                    Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 08-08-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X