Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Promises To Return To Old Self: I'm Not Here To Lose Weight Or Look The Part

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Promises To Return To Old Self: I'm Not Here To Lose Weight Or Look The Part

LOS ANGELES - Andy Ruiz Jr. has never been confused with a Michaelangelo carving. Throughout the course of his 13-year career, Ruiz's weight has always caused heavy discussion. Ruiz has weighed as much as 297 pounds in his pro debut to 256 pounds in his last fight in May.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't trust a man who can't trust himself, he has the beating of Joshua every day of the week but came in completely obese and just trudged around after Joshua who again for some reason thought he looked like Ali! Ruiz was that fat and slow he would have made anyone look like Ali.Ruiz is a decent fighter but has done all's he's going to do and another loss and it's back to the messy lifestyle he seems to like.

Comment

I really want to see this fight, but I really can't pay for it!

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        I don't trust a man who can't trust himself, he has the beating of Joshua every day of the week but came in completely obese and just trudged around after Joshua who again for some reason thought he looked like Ali! Ruiz was that fat and slow he would have made anyone look like Ali.Ruiz is a decent fighter but has done all's he's going to do and another loss and it's back to the messy lifestyle he seems to like.
        Have you seen the shape he's in at the moment or are you still living in 2019?

Zaroku Zaroku greeneye99 greeneye99 like this.

Comment

Andy needs to get fat again. Not AJ-Ruiz 2 fat, but AJ-Ruiz 1. It was like the perfect amount of fat. He was still quick. Had the weight to help him take a punch good but he wasn't a total sludge like in the rematch.

The Andy now whose lost crazy weight just might find himself out of a division. In that, he's too heavy for cruiserweight but too small for heavyweight. If the weight was actually an attribute to his achievements, I'm not sure how he's going to do without it but we'll know for sure soon. Ortiz can still pop and Andy does take punches. Will the weight loss effect his durability and ability to take a punch?

Comment

This dude is a really good fighter. Too bad he's such an undisciplined fat ass. He looks gross. AJ should be embarrassed he lost to this guy.
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Which old self is he talking about? The guy who KO'd AJ? The guy who barely moved in the rematch? Perhaps the guy that looked underwhelming against inferior competition earlier in his career?

Andy is an incredibly skilled fighter and is dangerous for anyone if he's motivated. The problem is that Andy has been inconsistent throughout his career and isn't always motivated.

I still expect him to beat Ortiz, King Kong looked completely shot until he landed a few gems on a complacent Martin.
              P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

He caught AJ with a counter and concussed him when AJ had him down and was trying to finish him. It happens.

Obviously Ruiz's weight didn't help him in the second fight, but unless AJ was reckless again, the fight would've always been difficult for him.

Ruiz is a good boxer who really needs a Plan B if he truly wants to reach the top again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post
                  This dude is a really good fighter. Too bad he's such an undisciplined fat ass. He looks gross. AJ should be embarrassed he lost to this guy.
                  AJ is embarrassed af, please don’t kid yourself!

Comment

Andy has skills, fast hands and a chin. For a big guy he has stamina too. But I expect him to come again to the ring looking like a blob again.
                    Brittney1229 Brittney1229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X