Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Promises To Return To Old Self: I'm Not Here To Lose Weight Or Look The Part

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fairly confident Ruiz should have too much for old man Ortiz.

If not, Andy really should consider whether he has any further to go.

Comment

I'm calling it, King Kong wins by Knockout, double uppercut

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Andy has skills, fast hands and a chin. For a big guy he has stamina too. But I expect him to come again to the ring looking like a blob again.
        Just one chin?
        STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

I'm interested to see what Ruiz still has to offer. Will he end up being remembered as a semi good fighter or is he going to step up his game and become something to really remember?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

Eh, I wouldn't call it boxing IQ. He was not well prepared in the 1st fight. He was absolutely embarassing Ruiz in the beginning, and was acting like it's a tune up. Once Ruiz felt him out and became ultra aggressive, AJ wasn't ready for it, and he got caught with a temple shot which screwed him for the rest of the fight.

Joshua's team did not prepare him well for that style, he just came in to a gentleman's boxing exhibition, and wasn't ready for a fight.
            There’s some truth in what you’re saying, but my IQ remark has substance.

As said elsewhere, he’s 5 inches taller than Ruiz, but fought at the latter’s height and never tried to use his reach. Plus, he tried to bomb Ruiz out of there not recognising he wasn’t badly hurt.

These factors on the night point to someone not well-versed in boxing. I’m fact, they seem like basic flaws to me that don’t just owe themselves to prep, but knowledge.

I just think about how Steward-trained Wlad or Vitali would have dealt with Ruiz, and there’s the blueprint right there. But they’re intelligent fighters.

Comment

"...I'm Not Here To Lose Weight Or Look The Part"

There's a fuckin' surprise."

Comment

I’ve should bulk up and or sell his sto make me some pleather pants!!

I love Ruiz, he’s from the IE x3

inland empire sureno

Comment

Ruiz looks thinner in some videos I have seen recently. He told us that he would be in better shape for the Joshua rematch and that he was on a weight loss diet. If he has kept his weight down the last few months and used the gym time to box instead of lose weight he should be sharp in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X