Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Promises To Return To Old Self: I'm Not Here To Lose Weight Or Look The Part

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously though....being in top physical shape would make him a better fighter. He is lugging around extra weight. It's lack of discipline. He's done well for himself, sure, but just think if he had a real personal trainer and nutritionist. A real training camp. It's not like those things are impossible.
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

"...his old self." LOL - that's the funniest headline I've read in awhile!

Comment

andy est un tres bon combattant avec les main tres rapide et il frappe en combinaisson il va passer le ko a kingkong avant le 7 rounds
        Last edited by boxingtop24; 08-02-2022, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Sounds like he's doing less weightlifting this time around. That's good, I felt they were overdoing it.

Train to fight. Not to be a bodybuilder or strong man competitor.

Comment

Andy might not be coming in to lose weight, or look the part, but that still might not be enough to beat Ortiz.
            You should have had more discipline once you won the the heavyweight title which virtually no one expected you to win.
            In your greatest moment, and time in boxing you lacked the professional focus necessary to maintain your weight, and training.
            You acted like you were eating your last meal, and celebrating your last party gorging on every freebie handed your way.
            Simply stated because you chose to behave in that manner, you ate, and partied your way out of the heavyweight championship of the world.
            You definitely have hand speed, boxing skill's, power, and a sturdy chin, for someone with a obvious weight problem you had all the tool's.
            You won the title 3 years ago, lost it a mere 3 months later, and although you're only 32 years old, you're your own worst enemy.
            You might never fight for the heavyweight championship again, let alone win it, and if that turns out to be the case, you'll have on one to blame but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Andy has skills, fast hands and a chin. For a big guy he has stamina too. But I expect him to come again to the ring looking like a blob again.
              Unfortunately I agree with every point that you've stated in this post, Andy Ruiz is his own worst opponent/enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                I don't trust a man who can't trust himself, he has the beating of Joshua every day of the week but came in completely obese and just trudged around after Joshua who again for some reason thought he looked like Ali! Ruiz was that fat and slow he would have made anyone look like Ali.Ruiz is a decent fighter but has done all's he's going to do and another loss and it's back to the messy lifestyle he seems to like.
                Sorry, but Joshua should beat Ruiz 9 times out of 10, on paper just because he has the reach, and Ruiz doesn’t exactly carve up the ground.

That AJ lost at all is testament to his lack of boxing IQ

Comment

“Ruiz insisted that his goal isn’t to become a body beautiful while he prepares to fend off the 43-year-old Cuban contender.”

That’s like Madonna insisting she’ll never go
                  back to being a virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Andy has skills, fast hands and a chin. For a big guy he has stamina too. But I expect him to come again to the ring looking like a blob again.
                    Andy the barrel ruiz
                    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Sorry, but Joshua should beat Ruiz 9 times out of 10, on paper just because he has the reach, and Ruiz doesn’t exactly carve up the ground.

That AJ lost at all is testament to his lack of boxing IQ
                      Eh, I wouldn't call it boxing IQ. He was not well prepared in the 1st fight. He was absolutely embarassing Ruiz in the beginning, and was acting like it's a tune up. Once Ruiz felt him out and became ultra aggressive, AJ wasn't ready for it, and he got caught with a temple shot which screwed him for the rest of the fight.

Joshua's team did not prepare him well for that style, he just came in to a gentleman's boxing exhibition, and wasn't ready for a fight.
                      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X