Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Benavidez Showtime Fight Averaged 450,000 Viewers, Peaked At 478,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Garcia-Benavidez Showtime Fight Averaged 450,000 Viewers, Peaked At 478,000

    A sizable audience tuned in Saturday night to watch Danny Garcia's first fight in almost 20 months. Nielsen Media Research released viewership figures Tuesday that indicated Garcia's 12-round, majority-decision victory over Jose Benavidez Jr. was watched by an average audience of 450,000 on Showtime. Garcia-Benavidez drew a peak audience of 478,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Someone’s got to figure out a way to see why the real numbers are since these are apparently only old fashioned cable numbers and don’t include streaming numbers from apps. I literally know one person who still has cable and she’s a 65 year old retired cop who can’t get the gist of new technology.

    Comment


    • #3
      450,000 people who decided to watch Danny Garcia fight a tune-up instead of the incredible Moreno-Kara France/Nunes-Pena card.

      I pity those fools.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Someone’s got to figure out a way to see why the real numbers are since these are apparently only old fashioned cable numbers and don’t include streaming numbers from apps. I literally know one person who still has cable and she’s a 65 year old retired cop who can’t get the gist of new technology.
        Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you used to rail against streaming platforms and OTT providers in the past?
        greeneye99 and jonnyc420 like this.

        Comment


        • #5
          This the Danny Garcia show!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

            Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you used to rail against streaming platforms and OTT providers in the past?
            Yes, hes a fvkcing idiot

            Comment


            • #7
              Danm, those are pretty bad numbers

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Someone’s got to figure out a way to see why the real numbers are since these are apparently only old fashioned cable numbers and don’t include streaming numbers from apps. I literally know one person who still has cable and she’s a 65 year old retired cop who can’t get the gist of new technology.
                agree, even though these figures are for the public to see and analyze. I’m sure showtime has the actual figures and a breakdown of those who watched via cable instead of streaming via app. Whatever the actual figures are, showtime seems to be content as they extended their relationship with PBC not long ago.

                makes me think, if the figures are enough for showtime to continue in the boxing business, why wasn’t enough for HBO… maybe they were paying out larger sums of $ to host the fights? I really miss Kellerman and the gang. Can’t wait for Mares to resume his boxing career. Hopefully that means they’re pulling him from the broadcasting team lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Grandma Pleaser View Post
                  Danm, those are pretty bad numbers
                  Showtime is a premium network, so these numbers aren’t bad at all. They aren’t greatest, but not the worst either.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    450,000 people who decided to watch Danny Garcia fight a tune-up instead of the incredible Moreno-Kara France/Nunes-Pena card.

                    I pity those fools.
                    Except that card wasn't incredible 2 decent fights main even/co-main and that's about it. People who were interested watched both like me. Didn't look like a tune-up for Danny either he moved non-stop and boxed his way to a decision no beat down anywhere.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP