Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calzaghe Not Sure if Joshua Made Right Decision in Picking Garcia as Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calzaghe Not Sure if Joshua Made Right Decision in Picking Garcia as Trainer

Former two division champion Joe Calzaghe is not sure, at least not yet, if heavyweight contender Anthony Joshua made the right decision in selecting Robert Garcia as the trainer to prepare him for the rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

All we know about Garcia and a pressure fighter is Maidana vs FMW which FMW sat on the ropes for the 1st 3 rounds of the 1st fight and Philly shelled his way out of unorganized aggression to take it to the center of the ring later and coast to a victory, which the haters called a victory while signing "chino Madiana" and assured FMW a 2nd easy rematch payday.

Not too high on AJ with a guy as his head trainer. I see why Fury is upset. If I was Fury I would have offered him Hill and would have paid for 1/2 his training camp fees. At least I know I had a better chance of collecting that 200 million.

For some reason, I have this feeling he sold AJ the Mexican-style nonsense. Could have got GGG to train him for that.

Comment

Joe's right .If Joshua's needed aggressive change doesn't do the business and he gases he will be a sitting duck for Usyk to take him apart this is why Usyk is the betting favourite this time around as it's hard to see any other way that Joshua can win without imposing his size and power .The clever boxer will beat him again and Joshua needs to wake up to the fact he didn't' look like Ali in there last time just a big guy who for most part looked clueless and was getting his head boxed off by a better but smaller fighter. Wilder would walk straight trough Uysk , Fury would maul and hammer him , Joshua has a punchers chance but I like the bookies expect Usyk to win and possibly get the stoppage this time.

Comment

Again Calzaghe is wrong like always. Garcia is arguably the best trainer In boxing today he's the best pressure but calculated trainer you can find and that's what Aj needs smart aggression. If he tries to box like last time he loses again clearly so he went with the best option out there.

Silly Joe probably would have went with a straight "slick" boxing trainer lol

Aj will break Usyk down and impose a similar style to Bam Rodriguez just in a big version smart aggression is the key.

Comment

I spoke to Joe at length one time before his training camp before his fight with undefeated (at the time) Mikkel Kessler .His knowledge of boxing is second to none but then I suppose that 's why he went undefeated throughout his professional career and left when he was slowing down at the perfect time. He like me has no time for the mugs who know little. I spoke with a avid Roy Jones fan at ring side during their contest who had watched Roy throughout his career and he conceded that as brilliant as Roy was in his prime he would have always lost to Joe Calzaghe with his iron chin, style and work rate that no one ever got the better of. Joe certainly knows the game inside out.

Comment

This is all on AJ. It doesn’t matter who trains him. The man has been traumatized ever since his first loss to Andy Ruiz. That fight has permanently scarred him to the point of him not engaging for fear of getting countered and hit. Which has turned him into becoming too defensive in letting his hands go.
            Last edited by champion4ever; 07-28-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              I spoke to Joe at length one time before his training camp before his fight with undefeated (at the time) Mikkel Kessler .His knowledge of boxing is second to none but then I suppose that 's why he went undefeated throughout his professional career and left when he was slowing down at the perfect time. He like me has no time for the mugs who know little. I spoke with a avid Roy Jones fan at ring side during their contest who had watched Roy throughout his career and he conceded that as brilliant as Roy was in his prime he would have always lost to Joe Calzaghe with his iron chin, style and work rate that no one ever got the better of. Joe certainly knows the game inside out.
              I saw an interview with Calzaghe where he stated that the only fighter he would have not been sure of beating was a prime Roy Jones Jr. Straight from the horses mouth! I rate Joe as the best UK fighter I've seen, he was at the top end of elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                Aj will break Usyk down and impose a similar style to Bam Rodriguez just in a big version smart aggression is the key.
                WatDaFuq?? Surely you can find a more suitable comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  This is all on AJ. It doesn’t matter who trains him. The man has been traumatized ever since his first loss to Andy Ruiz. That fight has permanently scarred him to the point of him engaging for fear of getting countered and hit. Which has turned him into becoming too defensive in letting his hands go.
                  He will have to have "conquered his demons" from that fight to have a chance. He'll have to go for broke.

Comment

Nah, Joe wouldn’t have defeated Roy Jones in jones’ prime. There was not one advantage Calzaghe had over a prime jones. Not power not speed not ring generalship, etc. Joe got Roy on the heavy downside to his career, after repeatedly being brutally knocked out after losing 22 lbs of pure muscle and water after the Ruiz fight that utterly killed Jones’ ability to take a punch and ruined his legs. Roy should have retired after that Ruiz fight, and certainly not moved back down to 175 after fighting Ruiz at 197. That moved combined with jones being in his 30s and already slowing down a bit just ruined him. Prior to that, Jones was the greatest pure talent I had ever seen in the ring. He fought long after he should have and that hurt his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                    X