Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Flabbergasted by Canelo Pound-For-Pound Ranking Demotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man please, Canelo is all smoke screens and Mirrors he ain't foolin me.

Comment

I have a feeling Golovkin is in trouble this time--Canelo will be out to prove something. GGG is a puncher more than a boxer, so he will get hit, and at 40, will he be able to take it? Or could he give us a real surprise? I would bet on Canelo but it's boxing so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        He got throughly schooled and should be demoted. I don’t see anyone complaint that he shouldn’t get credit for his wins at 154/155 when he had a significant size difference over his opponents. And if we’re being real, At 23 yrs old he walked into the ring weighing 174. How much do you think he’s weighed in fights since then? Stop using the weight class and bivols size as an excuse because it’s not like there’s a massive size difference between him and Kovalev or smith or plant or fielding. The difference was his skill and will. Those other guys let canelo dictate the fights to them and they all b***hed up. Bivol didn’t.

I disagree that this loss, even if it was a schooling should see him demoted, on the grounds that no-one else’s achievements in that list match his.

On everything else you’re saying here, totally agree. Think you’ve completely nailed it, really.

Comment

I don't see how any fighter ranked on any P4P list can remain on said list immediately after a loss. You're not on any P4P list for having lost, but for having won. Canelo should be removed, at this point, from any P4P list until he wins again. Once he wins then, at that time, his win, along with his previous wins, is evaluated against the top 10 to determine where he is placed. I mean, what if Canelo is never the same after this defeat. I know...I know...it's easy to assume he will bounce back, but that's all assumption. It's like wanting to have have Joshua keep his belts after having been defeated by Usyk...because he was a good champion! We know that's not how that works, so why should a standing on a P4P be any different. Canelo attempted to do exactly what a P4P list defines, he tried to beat someone from a different division regardless of weight, relying on skill. This time, against Bivol, his exhibited skill level was not enough. P4P, Bivol was the better man. So I maintain Canelo should not be on any list at this time. After his fight with GGG....IF he wins, then there's an argument to place him on the list again.
          Last edited by 1nonlymre; 05-25-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Hearn is flabbergasted. You know it must be bad when an Englishmen of his stature becomes flabbergasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              He got throughly schooled and should be demoted. I don’t see anyone complaint that he shouldn’t get credit for his wins at 154/155 when he had a significant size difference over his opponents. And if we’re being real, At 23 yrs old he walked into the ring weighing 174. How much do you think he’s weighed in fights since then? Stop using the weight class and bivols size as an excuse because it’s not like there’s a massive size difference between him and Kovalev or smith or plant or fielding. The difference was his skill and will. Those other guys let canelo dictate the fights to them and they all b***hed up. Bivol didn’t.
              Damn it's hard to argue with this logic. Size had nothing to do with it. Bivol fought the perfect fight and if I'm being honest Canelo had a ****ty night. The combination of the 2 made it a smooth win for Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                if you showed that fight to someone who doesnt follow boxing and you told them that the mexican who was plodding around the ring hitting air and gloves is the pound for pound number 1 they would piss themselves laughing and probably get in touch with the local psychiatric services.
                Lol, too funny

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
                  Hearn is flabbergasted. You know it must be bad when an Englishmen of his stature becomes flabbergasted.
                  We are supremely unflappable, for sure.

Like the time I saw a guy get given **** in a small town nightclub. He simply took a final sip of his tea, unbuttoned and removed the jacket of his tweed three-piece, asked his butler, Thaddeus, to obtain the monocle on his face for safe keeping, then glassed the other dude.

Comment

Canelo recently lost, so he has to drop down in the rankings! Canelo also turned away from an immediate rematch with Bivol, even though Bivol offered to come to 168! That says a lot about Bivol! The only way for Canelo to get back on top is to fight Benavidez @ 168, or Bivol at either 168 or 175!

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                      if you showed that fight to someone who doesnt follow boxing and you told them that the mexican who was plodding around the ring hitting air and gloves is the pound for pound number 1 they would piss themselves laughing and probably get in touch with the local psychiatric services.
                      but your resume is not built off of one fight and there are other factors too - maybe jumping around between weights is messing with Canelo's stamina and probably Bivol was underrated before the fight - likely was top15 or top20 P4P

Comment

Working...
                      X